peek

Speaking of gloves - can you help me identify...

Speaking of gloves (in that other thread), can you help me identify the gloves that Para Gear used to sell (quite a few years ago) that they called "Winter RW gloves"?

They look like beefed up handball gloves with nice thick (real) leather, and a liner. I don't know what the liner material is, but it is light tan and soft. Common I think.

Attached is a picture. Can you see why I need new ones?

I've never had Neuman winter weight receiver gloves but I jump the summer weight ones. Looks kind of like that. Were they tacky when new? I expect you've tried them but I still like neuman's best. I were gloves every jump.

I have not tried Nuemans, which Para Gear now has. I might have to because buying gloves you haven't seen is somewhat of a guess anyway.

http://www.adamsusa.com/

Is the direct web page.
I havebeen "sponsored" (?) Supported maybe a better word for it, by Adams for 9 years now and haven't found I glove I like better.

The winter weights in the right size and a set 1 size larger (so 2 sets) will allow you to jump in cold a then in frigid conditions if you need.

I too wear gloves on every jump no matter how hot, it is a habit I was taught from jump 1.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Update: I got the Neuman winter gloves from Para Gear, Item G1121, $46. They fit my fingers very well and have very good tactile feel to them. However, I really liked the long knitted cuffs on my old gloves, which the Neumans do not have.

I tried them once when it was definitely too cold for my "summer" gloves. Freefall from 6500 feet, and using my small canopy for about a 2 minute canopy ride. My fingers did not get cold, so I can say they are very promising. I may get back to you when I have done a Tandem when it is really cold.

Those are the only style of glove I have really used (although sometimes from other makers). When it is really cold I will put a thin liner in the winter gloves and close the wrists around the sleeve of my jump suit to keep the air out.

But there is really no glove that will allow the tactile feel we need and not keep us completely with out feeling a little chill.

But my experience has been good with the winter weight and liners.

Your mileage may vary as they say.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I tried them once when it was definitely too cold for my "summer" gloves. Freefall from 6500 feet, and using my small canopy for about a 2 minute canopy ride. My fingers did not get cold, so I can say they are very promising. I may get back to you when I have done a Tandem when it is really cold.

Yep, I'm bumping an 11 month old thread. I never did get around to doing a Tandem when it was really cold using the Neumans I got from ParaGear, but if anyone has figured out where to get gloves like in the picture with my original post I'd be grateful. It turns out the Nuemans are not quite as warm as the cross country gloves.

I actually make these gloves, bit different of course but we also make a really thin thermal liner that is seperate, so you put it on first, or you dont. It really does help.

I am not selling them at the moment as I stopped buying them, but I can point you in the right direction, or i have a few pairs left if you want me to send you some. no charge of course.

So they are the same, but you get to put this silk thin glove on your hand first, then the newmann type over the top.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

The SGK100 isn't the "best" for the cold, they have different models for that...

but I used the SGK100s in March at SD Ogden in Utah during some pretty cold weather. Worked pretty well except for those high altitude hop & pops. (12k foot opening altitude under a Spectre 230 with ground temps under 40F B|)

They have excellent tactile qualities. I imagine a thin thermal liner underneath would take care of any cold issues. (I no longer live in Utah and I don't think Alabama ever qualifies as cold; even in the dead of winter)

"Damn you Gravity, you win again"

The SGK100 isn't the "best" for the cold, they have different models for that...

but I used the SGK100s in March at SD Ogden in Utah during some pretty cold weather. Worked pretty well except for those high altitude hop & pops. (12k foot opening altitude under a Spectre 230 with ground temps under 40F B|)

They have excellent tactile qualities. I imagine a thin thermal liner underneath would take care of any cold issues. (I no longer live in Utah and I don't think Alabama ever qualifies as cold; even in the dead of winter)

Shhhh... having been in Louisiana all my life if it gets below 65 I have on thermal underwear lol. So I'm assuming they'd be fine for the weather we have down here. I might look into them, thanks. ;)