hobbes4star

Body modifications

Has anyone had experience with implants? I have wanted to get one but before I do I was looking for info on them.
First I would be getting an oval in my left underside of my forearm. My questions are does the implant move or is it pretty good at staying put. Second at the start of the year I have started a work out routine to put on some muscle, and I am wondering if this would affect the implant as well.
Any info would be appreciated.
if fun were easy it wouldn't be worth having, right?

Good luck with that. From what I understand that stuff isn't done by people with medical degrees. Find the person you are wanting to do it and pose the questions you have to them. They will no doubt have some first hand experience with it.

Greenie in training.

Very true, I can tell you from lots of experience that the piercing places and the tattoo parlors that I have been to are more sterile than most hospital rooms. My last pericer changed his gloves half a dozen times to pierce me, my last hospital visit the DR. never changed gloves and proceeded to touch everything than put the his hands back on me. Not to sterile in a lot of peoples eyes.

From the article that got posted.

"Once the procedure is finished, sometimes the object will shift slightly from it's original position and that's completely normal. However, if the customer is careless and doesn't take proper care, the object can shift severely and in turn change the look of the design."

Greenie in training.

people want that the same reason that people want tattoos.

That makes sense. I love tattoos.

The difference I see between implants and tattoos is that tattoos do not have the chance of shifting within the body and it is highly unlikely they will outright rejected. It also seems to me that implants just give you areas on the body that would be more prone to skin tears (but that is just my intuition and not backed up by anything).
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

The difference there though is that tattoos do not have the chance of "shifting"

If you age badly they do :D

I set that up JUST for that reply. ;)

But I was referring more to the idea that an implant could shift under the skin, changing the intended shape or even drifting some place uncomfortable or even dangerous.

But I was referring more to the idea that an implant could shift under the skin, changing the intended shape or even drifting some place uncomfortable or even dangerous.

That would not be a good thing [:/]
I saw a guy once with implants on his forehead. Kinda looked like devil horns. Interesting to say the least.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I had an eyebrow piercing that my body rejected and pushed it right out. My stepdaughter had a belly button piercing that did the same.
I also have a buddy that currently has a screw in his shoulder due to a motorcycle accident. Yup his body is pushing it out too. It happens to medical profession too.
All things seem to come with a price or a risk. You could potentially get a bad staff (sp?) infection from a tattoo, that doesn’t stop people from getting them
Years ago I can remember when tattoos and piercings were considered outrages and dangerous. Now look they are almost main stream.

I don't dislike implants because they are outrageous and dangerous. I just personally don't think that the risk outweighs the benefit (because I think they look dumb). But if someone wants to get one, who am I to tell them not too?

No I was not saying that, what I am saying is that year ago the same was thought about piercing and tattoos. It all starts somewhere. I live in phoenix and I see more and more people with implants and what I would consider extreme body modifications i.e. tongue splitting.
In a few years who’s to say it may be mainstream too.