Frenchy68

Worst movie ever!

Huh, did you watch Point Break last night as well?

I hadn't seen it in a long time so I watched it too...wow, I had forgotten how absolutely bad it was. Its worst then Cutaway, IMO.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

what the hell? Point Break was a great movie!

That skydiving scene was completely wicked...and then the ending, when he let the guy take that badass wave ... man i didn't see that coming at all...

the only movie i've seen where they had a better skydiving scene was the one where that a badass gunfight in freefall (but i forget the name of the movie) ... it's just wicked that people can do that man ... just wicked...
This ad space for sale.

independence day! now that is a shit movie!

can you really imagine the presient of the usa getting his hands dirty?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Even though Point Break sucked, it sure did increase a lot of DZ's income level for about two months after it was released.:o Most of the students, particularly tandem students, said Point Break was the sole reason they finally decided to try skydiving. Didn't notice that much of an increase in student activity with the release of any other skydiving related movie.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

I think a lot of folks here who wrote that Point Breaks sucks is just because of the approach a skydiver ahs got when about to watch a movie about skydiving/containing skydiving scenes.
My point is the following.
A movie made for GENERAL public is what it is: a movie tha must entertain the masses, and with certain type of movies the masses expect to be surprised/astonished/thrilled by super-action scenes.
So I found a great movie Point Break, as well as I found great movies all the James Bond's movies, Vertical Limit, Mission Impossible, whatever-on-this-subject.
When I go to watch a movie of the above kind, I expect to watch nice/funny/incredible stunts, I DO NOT expect to watch detailed and FAITHFUL scenes about the sports portrayed there.
So, with the eyes of "general public" I found great scenes the skydiving scenes of Point Break (yes, it not possible to be good in relative works/mastering freefall since your first jump, so what? B|), the "skydiving/BASE" scenes of James Bond movie (yes, it is NOT possible to jump off a vertical wall, chasing a Pilatus Porter in freefall going headdown, getting into the cockpit, taking the piloting "handle" and throttle and get same Pilatus to climb and save your ass, so what? B|), the alpinism scenes of Vertical Limits (yes, it is not possible that with high mountains boots you run off a mountain, freefall for 20 m - 66 ft below you/in front of you and with an axe in each hand shouting and find yourself perfectly attached to the wall that was front of you still being in one single piece and with your arms still attached to your body, so what? B| ), the non-protected free climbing scenes in Mission Impossible (yes it is NOT possible that being non-protected you launch yourself off a position, fly 4 m - 13 ft and grab another rock, so what? B| ) as well as the motorcycle scenes of same Mission Impossible (yes, it is NOT possible to ride a motorbike in "counter-drive", getting the two wheels sliding while shooting and being very, very accurate in shooting and NOT falling down, so what? B| ).
When I go to watch one of the above movies I expect to have fun (=to watch incredible/fake stunts (99% done with special effects performed in the lab with computers)), I do NOT expect to watch real and faithful-to-reality scenes of the sport portrayed.
If I want to watch real and cool scenes about skydiving, I go and watch Olav Zipser's DVD's and alike :D
Just my 0.02€ ;)
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

Imagine that...a Keanu Reeves movie that sucks.:P

Chris

Chris,
From one Lawn guylanger to another you're a sarcastic prick. LOL :D:D

Keanu is a great actor when you are looking for a bad example
My photos

My Videos

Even though Point Break sucked, it sure did increase a lot of DZ's income level for about two months after it was released.:o Most of the students, particularly tandem students, said Point Break was the sole reason they finally decided to try skydiving. Didn't notice that much of an increase in student activity with the release of any other skydiving related movie.

It was just the opposite, with our DZ. Before 'Point Break', we'd get about 15 - 20 static line students. After 'Point' Break, our phone, rang off the hook with requests for static-line jumps. Then, it was nothing but wuffo questions like; "Can you really talk to each other when you're falling?":D Of course, there was the more common question; "When you pull your rip-cord, how far do you go up?!:D Every week-end, 'Point Break' was shown on our video t.v.s. I was never so happy as when that movie faded away!:D

Chuck

I liked Point Break. If the consensus is Cutaway sucked less, then I'm going to really like Cutaway! Believe it or not, I haven't seen it yet.

There's no way in hell that Cutaway sucked less. Of all the 'skydiving movies' it's the absolute worst, by a long way.

IMO the order is (fun to downright terrible):

1) Dropzone
2) Point Break (actually I'd par this with DZ).
3) Terminal Velocity
4) Any other movie in the world with a skydiving scene INCLUDING PowerRangers :D
5) Cutaway - yes...it's that bad.

Blues,
Ian
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

Point Break...hmmm...never seen it. I heard a song on the radio today and it reminded me of skydiving. The song is called "Freefallin" by a man named Tom Petty. Ever heard it? :|

Damn Tom Petty and Freefallin'!!! This song just begged to have a skydiving theme for the video so what do they do, use skateboarding as the theme. Damn him to Hell.:ph34r:
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Point Break...hmmm...never seen it. I heard a song on the radio today and it reminded me of skydiving. The song is called "Freefallin" by a man named Tom Petty. Ever heard it? :|

Never heard of it. But it would probably sound good on tandem videos. Much like VH's "Jump". I wonder why no one has ever thought of this before.:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."