briguy

Neighbor advice needed.

Poking the ceiling does nothing but put little round dots on your ceiling that you'll most likely have to pay for.

Best advice, get used to the loud lesbians or move. It ain't going to get any better even if you do talk to them. Been there, done that, well not with elephantine lesbians but a similar situation. Move-- trust me!

gay people.

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD gay people??!?!?! Call the landlord. Call the POLICE! Shoot them THEN call the police. No, just burn down the building and leave the country.

gay people. Holy shit.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Tell her if she'd only lose some weight, then she'd be attractive to men.

You'll have two problems solved: she'll no longer be gay (so you don't have to live next to gay people anymore) AND she'll be lighter on her feet so it probably won't be as loud.:|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

>one seemed normal and the other portrayed all the stereotypical lesbo stuff.

>any advice?

Well, you could complain to management, complain to them, call the police etc and try to get them evicted. Might even work, or they might get sick of you and leave. Karma would then kick in, though, and the next couple will be a "normal" couple with a guy who weighs 400 lbs, fixes sirens for a living and has ill-behaved african greys as pets.

Or perhaps just talk to them and ask them to keep it down. I know, they're stereotypical lesbos and all, but some of them will actually just talk to you instead of trying to lay their "militant gay agenda" on you.

gay people.

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD gay people??!?!?! Call the landlord. Call the POLICE! Shoot them THEN call the police. No, just burn down the building and leave the country.

gay people. Holy shit.

Finally, someone is talking some sense!!!!!

Walt

Tell her if she'd only lose some weight, then she'd be attractive to men.

You'll have two problems solved: she'll no longer be gay (so you don't have to live next to gay people anymore) AND she'll be lighter on her feet so it probably won't be as loud.:|

I personally like narcimund's approach of burning down the building and leaving the country, but your idea just might work.

Go for it Briguy!!!!

Walt

>one seemed normal and the other portrayed all the stereotypical lesbo stuff.

>any advice?

Well, you could complain to management, complain to them, call the police etc and try to get them evicted. Might even work, or they might get sick of you and leave. Karma would then kick in, though, and the next couple will be a "normal" couple with a guy who weighs 400 lbs, fixes sirens for a living and has ill-behaved african greys as pets.

Or perhaps just talk to them and ask them to keep it down. I know, they're stereotypical lesbos and all, but some of them will actually just talk to you instead of trying to lay their "militant gay agenda" on you.

Somehow Bill, I think the siren fixing african grey owning, slightly overweight neibor MIGHT be more acceptable? Just a thought. :ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Buy her a pair of these.

That's actually a really good idea for someone that really has upstairs neighbors that tread loudly.

You could make it a "housewarming" gift and make it lightheartedly funny while explaining how well shoe sound travels. I'm sure they'd get the point and be thankful it was addressed sooner rather than 6 months down the line when everyone's pissed off at each other.

And Briguy, stop being so concerned about gay women. I doubt you could get them even if they were straight. I know it's frustrating for you. Having the personality of a door handle must make it hard for you to even get a glance your way from the ladies. However, these two are obviously not into men anymore (probably met someone like you in the past no doubt) so try looking elsewhere for some poontang. Have you tried getting a hooker?

The slipper idea really is a good one.

edited because I spelled addressed wrong.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

I have a noisy neighbor myself. It sucks.

You should introduce yourself first, *nicely*, and welcome them to the building. Then explain to them that they wouldn't believe how paper thin the ceilings are and invite them for a beer to your place to see how loud it really is. Then maybe they'll get the idea, especially if you make it clear to them that your intentions are good and that you want to be a good neighbor. You can then suggest that they walk around their apt. without shoes, put a carpet down, or at the very least be more mindful of how loud their walking is and tread more lightly.

Now being that you're preoccupied with them being :ogay:o, I'm not sure if you're even capable of doing what I stated above.

It sounds to me like the fundamental problem is the noise. The rant about them being gay just makes you look kind of stupid; if you left that out you could have gotten much better advice by now.

Good luck.

edited to add: Just like girlfalldown said above, better now than later. This is the kind of problem you need to nip in the bud quickly or else they will get used to doing what they do and it will be harder to ask them to change what they're doing down the road.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

invite them for a beer to your place

You mean...drink a beer...with...GAY PEOPLE?
Is that what your telling him to do?:|

You SICK FUCK!

What the hell is wrong with you? That would be like using one of those fake dicks that they use to pass a piss test and then filling it with Jet A and then pissing on the bonfire.:|

What were you:o:P:P:P thinking?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Your only option is to install acoustic insulation in your ceiling, OR to sell you unit and buy something else.

The fact that you made a big deal out of your perception of their sexual orientation indicates that you might not be happy with them for neighbors, even quiet neighbors, for long. What's up with that?
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

The fact that you made a big deal out of your perception of their sexual orientation indicates that you might not be happy with them for neighbors, even quiet neighbors, for long. What's up with that?

i'm curious where you might get that idea from.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i'm curious where you might get that idea from.

I still think you should just burn the whole place down. Nothing gets lesbo germs out except fire.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

I still think you should just burn the whole place down. Nothing gets lesbo germs out except fire.

True for sure, but he could really do the world a favor by getting them to go straight. The only reason lesbians aren't into men is they haven't had sex with a real man. I think Briguy should go upstairs naked with a can of whipped cream and a box of condoms an tell them it's time to party!

Walt