skydemon2

bad dream

Nahh I have had a dream where I aparently delpoyed too low, and my canopy opened as I was burning into the ground. I was ok though for some reasion.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Nahh I have had a dream where I aparently delpoyed too low, and my canopy opened as I was burning into the ground. I was ok though for some reasion.

What an odd dream for a skydiver to have! :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I have had only two skydiving dreams that I know of. That is the one that I can recall anything about. It was a short dream

I'd guess 75+ percent of jumpers have had some variant of that dream. ;) I think the odd part is how we all pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off, and usual emotion seems to be embarassment or hoping we weren't seen, rather than fear.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

I rember being like wow how'd that happen

Ive actually had lots of wierd skydiving dreams, unfortunately they are way to long to type out here but let me say when I say wierd I mean wierd ;)
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

anyone else have this nightmare?

Yes I had this nightmare before -- luckily I ordered a good looking manly jumpsuit ---- Never had the dream again.
Get rid of that jumpsuit and all will be better:)

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I have had this dream too - I was pulling at about 50ft and impacting just as it opened, totally fine but really embarrased. I landed in what looked like an allotment, very strange DZ. There was a tiny plane in the middle of nowhere and we were paying 2X jump tickets to go to 20,000ft (no oxegen):P

Had another strange one the other night, was going shopping with a friend, we got inside the building and all the floors were taken out, you had to BASE jump off to get out (the escalator only went up). I was well up for it and it was very fun (all 4 storys high;)) but the landing was a bit hard. I got to keep the rig. I took it back to my uni halls to show everyone and people wanted to jujmp of the balconys (about 15m at the most). I was dead against this as it was far too low.

Everyone kept asking me how high you go up when you open the canopy and I was getting really annoyed with them all and they wouldn't listen to me. Anyway, when I finally looked at the people jumping off the balconys, they were actually going up. We worked out later that it inflated itself with helium on opening so you could BASE jump form 10m:D:D:D

I'm putting that one down to exam stress;)
Leeds University Skydiving Club
www.skydiveleeds.co.uk

I have had this dream too - I was pulling at about 50ft and impacting just as it opened, totally fine but really embarrased.

Yet another...anyone have any theories as to why this one is so common? :S

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

That reminds me of the helmet video I saw of a fella who was having a major malfunction and he didn't get his reserve open within 4 or 5 seconds of landing. I think I saw it on skydivingmovies.com (is that it?).
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I have had this dream too - I was pulling at about 50ft and impacting just as it opened, totally fine but really embarrased.

Yet another...anyone have any theories as to why this one is so common? :S

Blues,
Dave

because subconciously we all want to believe if it happens we will be alright?? :) :)
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

The one (and only) dream I've had of going in, I did not get up and dust myself off.... I went in and my packer/rigger's eyes were the last I saw before I impacted and woke up. :|

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?