windcatcher

What childhood meal would you like to eat that you haven't in awhile?

Some people haven't eaten the same kind of meal they had as a child, because it doesn't fit into their diet, no one makes it as "good as ma," etc.

I am making tater-tot casserole tomorrow:D. Not exactly gourmet, but I haven't had it in a long time and there's only so many meat-and-veggies-on-the-side meals a girl can eat!!! :ph34r:

So, what sounds like a good meal to you that you ate when you were a kid?

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Milk toast (hot milk and melted butter over toast) or spagetti soup..... (hot milk and melted butter over spagetti noodles)

We called it our poverty food...but it was ohhhh soooo good, better then the welfare cheese or the cans of corn with the yellow label and in bold black letters just the word "corn" :)
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I second the mac-n-cheese but w/meatloaf and a nice piece of chocolate cake for desert.

Tater-tots w/fishsticks was a good one too!
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

I used to get fried shrimp and french fries every time I went to a restaurant when I was young. Now I get the oh-so-healthy grilled salmon, brown rice and steamed vegies. I like the healthy stuff, but fried food would be good every once in awhile. I just can't bring myself to do it though because I know it would just mean more time on the treadmill. Ugh!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Milk Bones. ;)

They were nice and crunchy, and even better dipped in milk...but my mom kinda freaked when she saw me eating them, so I've had a complex about them ever since. [:/]
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

If I could pick each aspect of the meal, and the family member who makes it best, I'd have...

Borscht w/ sour cream (& properly fermented cavasse) - Aunt Steph
Cheese pierogis - Mom
Kielbasa - collaborative effort of the womenfolk
Fried okra - Grandma
And for dessert...bread pudding w/ rum sauce - Aunt Steph

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Grilled Cheese sammich and tomato soup

Ooooh Gia and I had that at her gradma's place at Christmas time... Mmmm mmmm good :)

HA, and this is exactly what came to mind when I opened this thread... :)
I am having tomato soup minus the grilled cheese today. B|

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

PB&J with potato chips stuck in the middle!
;)

I had forgotten about this.... oh it was mandatory to put the Lays potato chips in my PB&J..Now I want one, damn it!:D

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live