bigway

L.O.S.T. MASSIVE SPOILER!!!!

The story is being written for 6 seasons at least. So TPTB have said.

I would like to see next season the last season, but it aint going to be. This is the biggest show in the world, it aint going to stop making money cause of a story.

I think Michael will save the day. I think we are going to find another island.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

They still haven't made sense of the polar bear being there

I know! Sometimes it seems like they had a great idea, didn't know what to do with it and just dropped it, hoping that the viewers won't remember. It's hard to think there's a big picture with something like that polar bear!

Any thoughts on what the ginormous 4 toed statue was?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

They still haven't made sense of the polar bear being there

I know! Sometimes it seems like they had a great idea, didn't know what to do with it and just dropped it, hoping that the viewers won't remember. It's hard to think there's a big picture with something like that polar bear!

Any thoughts on what the ginormous 4 toed statue was?

They have made sense of the polar bear no??
Dharma is experimenting with animal living outside their normal conditions.
Don't know where i got that from, maybe i am wrong on that.

That statue was crazy!! If that is missing the rest of the body, well it is one big statue.
Think it will be a big part of next season.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

They have made sense of the polar bear no??
Dharma is experimenting with animal living outside their normal conditions.

Oh, maybe. You seem to be able to tie together a lot more of the show than I ever will!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Libby was widmores neice.

where did you get that info?

We know who the others are!
The black lady was in the tail section of the plane, she was taken at the beginning.
Henry Gale is a doctor, he was in 'maternity leave' wearing a white cloak and was in surgery.

i should have clarified, we don't know the other's motivation.

Alex, the young girl, is danielle's daughter,

right, but why hasn't she gone to find her mum?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK- If the others have only taken "good" people so far, then why did they want Kate and Sawyer, who are both killers? And initially, Eko was on their list to take as well. He was also a killer, although you could argue he was seeking redemption. And why did they leave behind so many other "good" people?

I think they took those three cause they have redeemed themselves by looking after the survivors, they have also proved they are leaders and the creame of the crop so to speak. That is my thoughts anyway.

They did only take good people that had done nothing wrong, that was told to us in the episode the other 48 days.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Libby was widmores neice.

The diary.
There is a site you might know of that has entries in a diary each week. We know from spoilers that the fake henry gale is related to widmore, in the diary there is a girl writing that they have her brother locked up in the hatch and they are hurting him. Then when Ana lucia told libby that he nearly killed him, libby said, please dont do anything stupid, dont hurt him blah, blah blah.
Then from the spoilers i have read she is in a few flashbacks next season. I have read other things that say she is related but can not for the life of me think right now where i read them.
I know i was convinced, just cant remember what the solid info was. will tell you when i find it.

where did you get that info?

We know who the others are!
The black lady was in the tail section of the plane, she was taken at the beginning.
Henry Gale is a doctor, he was in 'maternity leave' wearing a white cloak and was in surgery.

i should have clarified, we don't know the other's motivation.

I have no idea what their motivation is but Henry Gale is a regular next season and i think the others will be in the show as much as anybody else.
I cant wait to find out their story.

Alex, the young girl, is danielle's daughter,

right, but why hasn't she gone to find her mum?

She has not gone to find her mum cause she was taken as a baby 16 years ago. How does she know her mum is alive, she knows nothing unless someone told her.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

just something interesting i found, gave me a lot more questions anyway...

Michael Ausiello: Holy frakkin' hatch hell! It's been 14 hours since the Lost finale and my jaw is still on the ground. For every question answered (Desmond crashed the plane!), three more popped up (Where were Michael and Walt going? Who were those chess-playin' eskimos? Where did Libby get that wig?) But make no mistake, I LOVED every minute of it. Now let's get to your questions! (OMG! I'm about to start my first chat and, oddly enough, it's not on TVGuide.com! History is being made and you guys are witnessing it first-hand!)

Fairfax, Va.: Hey Mike, so what was "The Challah"? Was it the "self-destruct" key scene, or was it that Penny is looking for Desmond? And what do you think: Locke, Eko, and Desmond are all still alive, right?
Michael Ausiello: I'm assuming "The Challah" was two things: The Antarcitca (?) station and the subsequent phone call to Penny Widmore.
Lincoln, Neb.: We found out more about Libby's backstory through her coffee meet-and-greet with Desmond -- her husband, Dave, who has died. Do you have any theories about where this story is going? Why do you think Libby was in Australia in the first place?
Michael Ausiello: Who says Libby was ever in Australia? You're assuming she was actually ON the plane with everyone else. I suspect Libby might somehow be connected to Papa Widmore (aka The O.C.'s Caleb to you). Think about it: Without her "husband's" boat, he never would have deserted Penny.
Lumber City, Ga.: The finale? Fan-fricken-tastic. So, Charlie, is he evil? In shock? Crazy? How does one go from nearly getting blown up and trying to save your friend's life to carefree kissing by the fire? If it means more screentime for the incredible Dominic Monaghan next season, I'm all for it. Thoughts?
Michael Ausiello: Maybe he's hitting the white powder again? Something's DEFINTELY off there, but I'm not sure what. And was I the only one surprised that Claire planted that wet one on him? Did she forget that this guy took her newborn son for a midnight swim?
Oberlin, Ohio: Have Harold Perrineau, Malcolm David Kelly, Terry O'Quinn, and/or Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje left the show for good?
Michael Ausiello: As I said, I'm 99.999999 percent sure Terry and Triple A will return as series regulars. Harold P. was downgraded to a guest star THIS season, so I would imagine Michael will appear sporadically next season (if at all). And considering MDK will probably be taller than his TV dad by September, I think we may have seen the last of Walt. (Or the last of him in his CURRENT form.)
Atlanta, Ga.: How did Penelope know to look for electro-magnetic activity? And were those Desmond's letters to her lying next to the computer in the end scene with the two Russian men?
Michael Ausiello: I'm assuming she got that bit of inside info from her wealthy dad (aka The O.C.'s Caleb to you). And I didn't notice the letters. I was too busy looking at the picture!
Washington, D.C.: I thought last night's season finale was AWESOME, I am anxiously awaiting September. But, what's up with the fact that Libby didn't get to meet up Desmond? That would have been one heck of a chance (?) second meeting. And, now that we know that Libby has associations with both Desmond and Hurley, don't you think the writers may have jumped the shark by not letting her get some background story. Now that she's dead, her life sure seems mighty interesting.
Michael Ausiello: We will learn more about Libby next season via other characters' flashbacks. And I agree, I find her backstory ridiculously intriguing. It's worth noting that Cynthia Watros' fall pilot did not get picked up, so maybe we'll see more of Libby than was originally intended. Unless, of course, another show snaps her up, which wouldn't surprise me in the least. Cynthia is awesome.
Annapolis, Md.: Michael, Love reading your weekly columns and Q and A's. You without a doubt have the best insight on the show. Here's my question: Did Desmond die when he engaged the overide? We basically got a double flashback from him last night and one could argue the character arc was complete. However, it appears Penelope is searching for him. I've really enjoyed the character and hope this isn't the last we've seen of him. Keep up the great work!
Michael Ausiello: When I spoke to exec producer Carlton Cuse last week, he specifically wouldn't discuss Desmond's status on the show next season. I honestly have no idea whether he will be back or not, but I agree. It would appear his arc has come full circle.
Broken Arrow, Okla.: What did that look between Jack and Kate mean at the end? Were they silently communicating a plan or was it an emotional confession?
Michael Ausiello: It looked tome like they were silently communicating a plan, but it was hard to tell whether Sawyer was in on it or not. And what about the look Michael gave to Jack? Was that just guilt or something else?
1. That scene from the first episode of season 2 when Desmond was working out, listening to music and living in the hatch -- when did that happen in relation to the day the plane blew up and the day that they blew open the hatch door?
2. Do you really think Michael and Walt are going to sail off into safety? Aren't they going to be recurring cast members next season?
3. Why do you think they needed Hurley to come but then let him go?
4. Do you think "Henry" is "Him"?
Michael Ausiello: I'll answer No. 4. No, I don't think Henry is "Him." I think Caleb, er, Papa Widmore is "Him."
Denver, Colo.: What is a -o-------- --a-?
Michael Ausiello: Would some please explain to Denver, Colo how this game works.
Los Angeles, Calif.: So it looks like Henry is the leader of the Others?
Michael Ausiello: Henry is the leader of the Others, but, as I said, I don't think he's "Him"
Michael Ausiello: Michael Emerson (aka not-Henry) will be a series regular. And I don't have specific descriptions of the two new female characters they're hiring. Actually, I'm not even sure Damon and Carlton have descriptions yet. And I'm guessing we'll be seeing a lot more of Ms. Penny W.
Westminster, Md.: Are you saying Henry only has 4 toes? And the statue would then be representing him? Wouldn't that make him "The One" instead of Caleb?
Michael Ausiello: I suppose it would. OK, did anyone get a look at Caleb's feet?
Kfar Saba, Israel: Hi Mike, love your columns and podcast. I was just wondering about next season, how it going to work with the split season that was talked about? some in September, the rest after New Year's?
The finale was so much fun, had my pulse pumping the whole time.
Michael Ausiello: It's my understanding that we'll get 11 episodes before January and then the next batch of 11 will kick off at the start of February sweeps.
Odenton, Md.: Denver, Colorado --
Michael likes to tease us with his giveaways, but he only gives us a letter or too, and puts the rest in asterisks, but you can figure it out.
Michael Ausiello: Thanks Odenton.
Michael Ausiello: I think Lost FANS would be better off, but not necessarily ABC. They need to stretch Lost's run out as much as they can to prop up their Wednesday lineup. They really can't afford to go a half-season without it.
Arlington, Va.: Mike, were you at all tempted to skim through the first hour of the Lost finale to watch American Idol?
Michael Ausiello: Hardly. I watched exactly two minutes of the American Idol finale -- the LAST two. I heard a funny rumor that Prince performed. Like THAT would ever happen.
Arlington, Va.: Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a scene a few episodes ago at the airport before the flight that showed two people in a tense discussion (I can't remember for the life of me who it was), and Libby came and asked if everything was okay? That would have meant she was in Australia. Just my two cents.
Michael Ausiello: OK, well, did we see her board the plane?
Washington, D.C.: Too many questions to pick just one. Just wanted to let you know how awesome you are!
Michael Ausiello: I suspected as much, but thanks for confirming it.
Libby not on plane: I'm not sure I'm getting where you're going with this: if she was at the airport and then didn't get on the plane how did she end up on the same island a few hours later when the plane crashed. We SAW her on tail-section beach that same day ...
Michael Ausiello: I'm talking out of my ass! Is that what you want to hear? Bottom line: Something is off about the Libster.
Washington, D.C.: After last night's "answers" to things, I've still got some questions: What ever happened to the monster thing that destroyed people (like the pilot?)? What about the Polar Bears? Did everyone involved with producing this show simply forget about what happened in the first season?
Michael Ausiello: I'm thinking those polar bears got indirectly referenced again at the very end when we saw those snowy mountains. I can't imagine that was just a coincidence.
Green Brook, N.J.: I'm getting this in right now -- Libby's got an evil twin. And I'll throw in some speculation -- that it was the twin meeting with Desmond, after getting Libby put in the psych ward. Libby winding up on the plane is just an example of Island Fate.
Michael Ausiello: If that turns out to be true, can I say I thought of it? Oh, this just in: Last night's two-hour finale averaged 17.6 million viewers. Not bad considering 200 million (yeah, right Ryan) people were watching American Idol.
Normal, Ill.: To address the problem of the actor portraying Walt, couldn't they just recast him with Emmanuel Lewis (Webster)? That at least would guarantee that he won't grow over the next few seasons ... (I'm going to Hell for that)
Michael Ausiello: Save me a seat.
Michael Ausiello: Carlton told me that "The Challah" would be the focus of Season 3, so, based on that, I think we're going to learn a lot more about Papa Widmore and his connection to the island. And maybe we'll follow Penny as she gets closer to tracking down Desmond. Or at least Desmond's corpse.
Michael Ausiello: We're going to meet some of the other 40-some-odd survivors next season -- you know, the ones we see in the background but never actually meet -- so I imagine that's where those two actresses will come in.
Boston, Mass.: Now that the button doesn't have to be pressed anymore, will the hatch be gone for good? And, on another note, will we start to see characters (Penny Widmore, in particular) develop outside of the island?
Michael Ausiello: The Hatch (at least as we know it) is probably dead. And I think the introduction of the outside world will play a big role in next season. That's just a hunch.
Westfield, Mass.: I'm dying to know why the Others chose to take Jack, Kate and Sawyer. Do you think it's just because they are the biggest troublemakers or is it something more?
Michael Ausiello: I think it's because they realize the tribe is severely weakened without them. Or maybe they're just intrigued by the romantic triangle.
Shelton, Conn.: Did you notice that the name Widmore Labs was on both Sun's pregnancy test and real Henry's balloon? I think that Widmore was partly responsible for getting button-pushers to the island under the cover of an around the world race. It's no coincidence that both Henry and Desmond arrived on the island by methods of transportation that are used in around the world races.
Michael Ausiello: Yes, I did notice that. Widmore is definitely the parent company of Hanso/Dharma.
Washington, D.C.: Is Ana Lucia's life as an actress (actor) washed up because of all that legal trouble she's gotten into? She's going to jail, isn't she? Did her legal obligations keep her from her Lost production duties?

Michael Ausiello: I think it's telling that the only post-Lost project she has lined up is a clothing line.
Michael Ausiello: OK, folks. I have to run. If it's more Lost discussion you crave, we'll have a new podcast posted at TVGuide.com later this afternoon. We're actually recording it in just a few minutes. Thanks so much for being a part of my first ever chat. Who knows? Maybe this will become a regular thing. Stranger things have happened. Have a great Memorial Day weekend! I love you guys for loving me!

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Can anyone tell me what happened to the giant Polar Bears from the first season.....everybody is running around the island and nobody is gettin eat'in (at least by the Polar Bears)....The finale last night just raised all these questions....I'm so not Happy>:(>:(>:(