AggieDave

6 years.

6 years ago today 052106, I left a 182 at 4500ft on a S/L jump. I had a Dolphin container, a Raven reserve, a Laser 9 288 and a Sentinal AAD.

Six years later I've made 1900+ jumps, have a coach rating, a TI rating and enjoy swooping competitively. This also means that I've been on DZ.com for nearly 6 years (I got on DZ.com that monday, the 23rd of May after my first jump). So I've had the pleasure of meeting some great people, some not so great people and many jumps with many memories. I wouldn't trade any of them for anything. Now I'm excited about the next 30+ years of jumping I have in front of me.

Thank you everyone for the memories so far and the memories yet to be made.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

yep, I'm right behind ya.
last june was 6 years since my first jump but this month (may)is 6 years since my first aff.

i found dz.com shortly after and have had the same types of experiences. fun ride isnt it.

hey Dave um, as i said I'm right behind you...don't you have an ass? it must hurt to sit down:D:D
My photos

My Videos

hey Dave um, as i said I'm right behind you...don't you have an ass?

Yup and I had Freebirds today...so careful back there!

Whats funny is on my first jump I really had to fart really bad on the way to 4500ft. Except that my S/L JM was someone named Angee. Who is a cutie. Sitting in a 182 she was in the JM position, leaving me in the student position (duh). That means I was sitting back to the dash and she was kneeling infront of me to spot, operate the door and keep control of the S/L.

So, long story short, I was afraid to fart since I didn't want to fart with her right in front of me like that. If only I knew then what I know now. I would have let it go. With the party we (FlyingFerret and I) had the night before, it would have been an epic fart that may have possibly melted the headliner in the 182.

So, having to fart I told myself, I'll fart when I get outside of the plane, before I let go of the strut. Needless to say when that door opened and I looked outside, I couldn't fart anymore.:D:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

lol yea farting in freefall is something that I had to teach myself to do.
If I can help it, I don't fart in the plane. Usually its not a problem, I don't have to all of the time but during beer laden boogies I guess the pressure just builds LOL:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

Congratulations! :)
Here's to many more blues skies and much less farting on the plane!!:P
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson