vid666

Skyworks Rigging

I have not been able to get ahold of MEL of Skyworks for the last 2 weeks - phones calls, emails, PMs - all are unanswered

I am up in Pennsylania at the moment and will be back in the shop Otober 7th.

Will pm you with hotel contacts here.

Cheers,
MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

I haven't dealt with Mel for a couple years but he was difficult to get ahold of, on occasion. His day job sometimes required a trip overseas and to remote areas. I'd guess he's temporarily unable to contact you...probably hasn't gotten any of the messages.
"T'was ever thus."

I haven't dealt with Mel for a couple years but he was difficult to get ahold of, on occasion. His day job sometimes required a trip overseas and to remote areas. I'd guess he's temporarily unable to contact you...probably hasn't gotten any of the messages.

Forgive me for worrying after only THREE WEEKS !

Still no word from MEL....

I simply don't get it.... Skyworks seems to have great reputation. Yet I feel like they have been spitting in my face the whole time.

here's a note I sent MEL today....

"MEL - it has been well over 6 weeks - I really need an update - I cannot imagine what kind of catastrophe has happened for you to ignore my repeated requests for info. Just to cover myself I will be filing a police report at the 2 month mark. No hard feelings, just "business"

cya"

ANYBODY ELSE STILL HAVING ISSUES ?

dude, you don`t even wanna hear my horror story that i`ve been going thru. hint.... i betcha i`m more pissed off than you, and i have been waiting longer... the whole police thing has been in my mind too....not a cool way to run a business.bad advertising for icarus for him being a so called icarus service center.i coulda ordered a new canopy and had it by now.

That sucks, I hope this gets resolved, because I wanted to send some work his way and he was very helpful and prompt when it came to my inqueries in the past.

This thread seems very similar to the Royal lense one from a little while back, and hopefully it gets resolved in a similar way.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

That sucks, I hope this gets resolved, because I wanted to send some work his way and he was very helpful and prompt when it came to my inqueries in the past.

This thread seems very similar to the Royal lense one from a little while back, and hopefully it gets resolved in a similar way.

Today (November 13th, 2007) I got both canopies back from Skyworks that they recieved on Oct 4th 2007. No service work has been done, instead inside there's a typed, unsigned letter saying :

"Hi,

I apologize for the inconvenience but I am out of town and unable to handle your oder/request at this time. Again I apologize for any incovenience this may have caused you.

Sincerely

Mark Lancaser"

Hello !! - it has been 5 weeks - and there was not answers to my emails, phone calls or voicemails or PMs.... Nice service ... And what good is sending me back a canopy that you needed to re-reline since your original reline turned it into an insta-canopy ?

So, how can somebody who (was) so reputable just turn around and dissapear into the unknown ?

Today (November 13th, 2007) I got both canopies back from Skyworks that they recieved on Oct 4th 2007. No service work has been done, instead inside there's a typed, unsigned letter saying :

"Hi,

I apologize for the inconvenience but I am out of town and unable to handle your oder/request at this time. Again I apologize for any incovenience this may have caused you.

Sincerely

Mark Lancaser"

Hello !! - it has been 5 weeks - and there was not answers to my emails, phone calls or voicemails or PMs.... Nice service ... And what good is sending me back a canopy that you needed to re-reline since your original reline turned it into an insta-canopy ?

So, how can somebody who (was) so reputable just turn around and dissapear into the unknown ?

My guess... he got a job/contract that pays well and got too overloaded for the amount of rigging work coming in... In general, rigging doesn't pay well...:|

(said without slam toward Mark, nor without simpathy to your situation)

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

Today (November 13th, 2007) I got both canopies back

consider yourself lucky!

I have bought and sold lots of skydiving gear to and from the people I never met before or after.
All it took was a little trust and good will - we are all one big family after all. .. Or so I thought.

It is almost four months since I ordered and paid for two linesets. Guess what! - no lines, no money, no reply.

The fact that I am in Europe makes any legal action quite complicated, so I guess, I better just forget about it and warn the others:

if you are considering doing any business with Skyworks Rigging ... well, DON'T!

P.S.
...and Mel, if you ever read this, please buy something nice for yourself. We worked hard for those ~500 bucks, so I hope you enjoy spending them well.

I have filed a Police report as well as an online scam report for Skyworks/Mark Lancaster. He has owed me a canopy for a long time, and has not responded to me AT ALL.

Last info I have from Dave DeWolf is that Mark is working hard somewhere in California and is incommunicado.

well, fuck him for being a shitty businessman, and becoming a simple petty thief. Enough is enough. I encourage all to contact the proper authorities.

WARNING!
Your last post borders on a personal attack.
Personal attacks are not tolerated in these forums.

Rob, no disrespect for the site or its mods intended. However, I call it like i see it - I was spit in the face, and I state that.

I explained my story and stated facts only. I would like to make sure my posts stay up. Please explain to me how it was a personal attach ? I merely explained what I did and why I felt it was necessary do go to the extremes of dealing with the police when a fellow skydiver is involved.

cya

WARNING!
Your last post borders on a personal attack.
Personal attacks are not tolerated in these forums.

Rob, no disrespect for the site or its mods intended. However, I call it like i see it - I was spit in the face, and I state that.

I explained my story and stated facts only. I would like to make sure my posts stay up. Please explain to me how it was a personal attach ? I merely explained what I did and why I felt it was necessary do go to the extremes of dealing with the police when a fellow skydiver is involved.

cya

I stand behind vid666 on this deal. I think he and several others really got screwed by Mel. This is nowhere near a personal attack. It is a chronological record of attempts to contact Mel and nothing more than a display of his frustation. There is much much worse elsewhere on these forums everyday. His post saved me personally a canopy possibly.
Your response seems a bit personal riggerrob. If you know Mel maybe you can suggest to him to make things right with the people he took advantage of.

Your response seems a bit personal riggerrob.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Au contraire gentlemen.

I have only met Mel a couple of times at PIA Symposia.
I don't know Mel well enough to even know which country he is in!
We have traded opinons more times on these forums (and the PIA Riggers' Forum). We do not always agree, but we are polite enough to disagree in a respectful manner.
You may have noticed that I stayed out of this thread (having no personal axe to grind) until the tone bordered on slander. We hear your frustration - but like in divorce court - bringing anger to the discussion only slows the process of resolution.

In conclusion, it is okay to disagree in these forums, let's just be civil about it.

Your response seems a bit personal riggerrob.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Au contraire gentlemen.

I have only met Mel a couple of times at PIA Symposia.
I don't know Mel well enough to even know which country he is in!
We have traded opinons more times on these forums (and the PIA Riggers' Forum). We do not always agree, but we are polite enough to disagree in a respectful manner.
You may have noticed that I stayed out of this thread (having no personal axe to grind) until the tone bordered on slander. We hear your frustration - but like in divorce court - bringing anger to the discussion only slows the process of resolution.

In conclusion, it is okay to disagree in these forums, let's just be civil about it.

Rob, I, as well think you are being too personal. which part of well, fuck him for being a shitty businessman, and becoming a simple petty thief."
did you think was borderline personal attack ?

when a 1 man shop takes a product from you under the premise of fixing it within a reasonable amount of time, and then that person dissapears from the face of hte earth and makes no attempt to contact you and ignores all your means of contact - is that not shitty business ? Is that not thievery ?

Do you not think that resorting to contacting the authorities, who once involved, can stain your criminal record forever is a pretty drastic move over a $500 piece of equipment ?

I stay by what I said. I slandered or personally attacked noone. The facts are on my side. As far as hte divorce court - they call people bad parents all the time - and that would be no different as calling somebody a shitty businessman. I have sold enough to know what being a good businessman is.

cya Rob.

Gentlemen,
My turn to speak.

I left on a supposedly three week assignment on Sept 12 and just returned. I have been working 7 days a week, 14 hours a day, and on night shift in California. My hours where from 6PM - 8AM on PST.

Not much room for anything but work and sleeping as My wife will attest or anyone else trying to contact me.

My first day back in the shop was yesterday and I find all of this.

Luis, first I do not not what happened to the shipment that was mailed on September 2, 2007 to the address that I was given by you. I am still looking into it.

I PM'ed you late yesterday.

You should find a credit to your credit card and I will continue to investigate the incident.

Paul,
Your situtaion is a lot different.
Yes, I am a poor communicator for obvious reasons, but I am not a thief.

I need a canopy that has been though a tree like a hole in the head.

When I found out that I was not coming home for awhile, I had my son send all inventory back to all of the prospective owners with a note explaining the reasons why. (Except for a couple)
Hence the above referenced note by you that was not signed.

He (my son)would have mailed the last canopy back to you had he know how to properly flake and fold the canopy for boxing.

As I explained to you in an earlier email, the shipping label is still open for that shipment dated 06 November,2007.

Also, your canopy was shipped to you yesterday as you know from my previous PM.

I am sorry publicly for the late responses and lack of contact, but for a person (you) to file criminal charges against someone that HAS NOT committed a crime (Yes, I have contacted legal advice) is in itself a crime.

You obviously did not seek proper legal advice!!!!

....and not to mention the possible liable charges!

You need to contact me the to discuss the matter.

PUBLIC NOTE(1)

If anyone else has an issue, concern, or comment please contact me before I leave here on January 3, 2008

PUBLIC NOTE(2):
I will be gone for the next couple of months again, so please do not send anthing to Skyworks. I will make an annoucement here on these forums as to when I will return.

Sincerely,
MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

I am sorry publicly for the late responses and lack of contact, but for a person (you) to file criminal charges against someone that HAS NOT committed a crime (Yes, I have contacted legal advice) is in itself a crime.

If I had paid someone in another country for two linesets and they didn't contact me for four months or even two months, I would not be happy and could very well file a CRIMIANL complaint with the authorities. That would frustrate the hell out of me. Technology is a wonderful tool and for very little money a business can have email messages sent back automatically that states a person is "out of the office AND also an expected date of return. A voice mail message when calling your office might also work great. Here are my .02 cents. NO communication IS bad business and can very easily be corrected by a variety of means IF a person wants to do so.

FWIW I don't see any liable because 1) it sounds like shitty business and 2) it sounds like money was taken and services weren't rendered. Is this theft? Maybe the better question would be "Would this have happened at all if some simple communication had taken place?".

I'm not trying to attack you here Mel but I can certainly empathize with the frustration shown by your customers.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

Mel, I'm the guy who stands behind the second line set that was ordered by Luis.

I agree with vid666 and if I was US citizen I would file the criminal charges as well. Now I'm pretty far away and all I could do it spread the word - "do not do any business with Mel".

There is nothing in this earth that would persuade me, that it was not possible to warn all those people that paid money and expect their gear. Was it hard to put a note in dz.com?

And now you dear to threaten people with criminal charges?

I just don't get it.

P.S. Frankly, I do not believe that you have shipped those linesets. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is all about trust, right?