Tenshi

Sudoku anyone?

I'm reasonably good at sudoku but I've come across a Sudoku X (the diagonals also have to have the numbers 1-9) I can't seem to solve. I think I'm missing something.

Can anybody please tell me to the next step? Only if you're bored at work of course.

So it's like a regular sudoku (every square needs numbers 1-9, every vertical and horizontal row needs 1-9) only the two diagonals also need the numbers 1-9

Thx!

My technique is simply to write in small the possibilities in the squares (all of them) and deduct the ones that have only 1 solution based on the other possibilities

Wtf...I always do that.

Hmmm...like I said...must have missed something :|

Edit. Like I said...I missed the 8 in the diagonal. Thx guys! have fun solving it :)

I've never really gotten into sudoku, but it seems interesting. You guys keep referring to "steps" and "moves," is there really more to it than simple trial and error?

Yes there is. Actually trial and error is not the way to go.

First just fill in the numbers that are straightforward.
Then you can follow Remster's technique.

However some numbers need some logic and you need to keep other squares in relation to rows in mind. Just take a look at http://www.sudokudragon.com/sudokustrategy.htm

Next move is 8 in the center under the 5. Give me a little while longer and I'll have the whole thing.

Actually, then entire Vertical line on the far left is easy to solve...

I'm not seeing that. I see 3 squares with 3 possibles.

MB 3528, RB 1182

Next move is 8 in the center under the 5. Give me a little while longer and I'll have the whole thing.

Actually, then entire Vertical line on the far left is easy to solve...

I'm not seeing that. I see 3 squares with 3 possibles.

I think it started witrh the middle left block.
Remster

I don't remember the steps I took to solve it. I fill in the certainties first, then make small indications in each square of what's possible. From there, I study the puzzle as a whole and consider what can and can't be based on the relationship to the other squares.

For this puzzle, you're supposed to have the X formed in the center. That means that the entire puzzle's solution revolves around the X. So I concentrated on solving the X first. Then the rest fell into place.

I also see different possibilities.

I've always been suspicious that there are multiple solutions to a Sudoku, but I don't understand the algebraeic equations behind the puzzle, so I can't prove it.

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal