jumpjunkie2004

How do you punish a cat?

First, sit it down gently and say "no", and then talk about the consequences of the cat's actions. Of course, first the cat must learn english, but that's just a few community classes to make that happen. Eventually, the cat will realize that his behavior is inappropriate for today's enlightened society.

2nd, if that doesn't work, professional cat therapy can do wonders. Several sessions with a counselor might help

3rd, consider modifying your own behavior. Since you are exploiting the cat for your own amusement, you might consider letting the cat bite and scratch you whenever you want. Perhaps pay reparations to the cat for the damage done to it by yours (or anyone else's really) abuse of his ancestors in various breeding programs. It's certainly not the cat's fault that your finger was in front of it's mouth.

4th, cats are people also. Frankly, more so. perhaps he's not satisfied with his career choice. Again, frequent self improvement classes at a local college can do wonders for his self image.

you city folks are funny

the cat is a predator at heart. there's really nothing wrong with being dominant and have the cat fear you a bit - like any pet, negative reinforcement for bad behavior, positive for good. Be the boss.

And cats don't understand english, a stern look and saying "no" is about as ridiculous as giving it a Christmas present - it makes the owner feel good but the cat doesn't know what you mean.

(a point of Michelle's is excellent, if they try to bite push your hand in further - they do hate that and it's no more or less cruel that bapping them in the face or holding them completely immobile - any of those they'll be a bit put off and scared of you, ditto water, ditto most every other suggestion put out, people think it's not scary if it's not the traditional smack on the nose, but they all are - and that's ok)

if it doesn't workout, replace the cat

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your pussy.

While I do not have a Pussy myself and by no means am I am expert on the subject..
I have had the pleasure of playing with a few pussies over the years.

I think we all know that there is really no such thing as a Bad Pussy (Although some pussies are definitely nicer than others).

Some pussies like to be petted.. Others.. Well You may get Bitten if you try.

I have discovered that Alcohol is one way to reduce the chance of getting bitten if you want to pet the pussy.

I personally do not usually spank the pussy as again, I dont have one. But I have been told that many many Pussy owners spank their pussies on a regular basis. I am not sure if this really helps or hurts any biting problems.

I do know that there are definitely times when the Pussy should just be avoided as biting will occur no matter what you do. Other times certain pussies couldn’t be happier to see you.

I hope this helps and I wish you and your pussy the best of luck!:P:D

I sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your pussy.

While I do not have a Pussy myself and by no means am I am expert on the subject..
I have had the pleasure of playing with a few pussies over the years.

I think we all know that there is really no such thing as a Bad Pussy (Although some pussies are definitely nicer than others).

Some pussies like to be petted.. Others.. Well You may get Bitten if you try.

I have discovered that Alcohol is one way to reduce the chance of getting bitten if you want to pet the pussy.

I personally do not usually spank the pussy as again, I dont have one. But I have been told that many many Pussy owners spank their pussies on a regular basis. I am not sure if this really helps or hurts any biting problems.

I do know that there are definitely times when the Pussy should just be avoided as biting will occur no matter what you do. Other times certain pussies couldn’t be happier to see you.

I hope this helps and I wish you and your pussy the best of luck!

You crack me up : )
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

I prefer to "Diss my cat" See the instuctional video here

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1126723170/Dissing_Your_Dog

. . . . sack of excrament!

love it -
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You crack me up

Crack is a different subject all together. stay on topic here!;)

Would you crack me up please?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Fresh out of Crack... Here.. Have an Altoid instead.

I have some white cheddar cheese popcorn

Is that where he. . . .

Ewww.

No thanks.

I'll stick with the altoids

If the GF bites - it's a whole other subject - That is NOT the time for ignorance.:ph34r:

Hence the biting!!! :o:D:D Take note, men! Ignore the lil' woman and get bit! >:(

-'Course I get spanked when I bite. [:/]
"BAD!! Bad girl, no bite!" >:(

"Bite?" :)

"No bite! Your side of the bed now!" >:(

[:/] mumble-grumble...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

the cat is a predator at heart. there's really nothing wrong with being dominant and have the cat fear you a bit - like any pet, negative reinforcement for bad behavior, positive for good. Be the boss.

Agreed to a point. I disagree that it's good to have any animal fear you. Respect you? Absolutely, you're the Alpha. Obey you? Of course. Be socialized properly? Well, that's a whole 'nother topic altogether.

Hitting is not good. The reason pushing the finger/hand farther into the mouth is that the reaction of the animal will be to back off...and it will also associate, over repeated events, that when they put their teeth on you, it results in them getting your hand in their mouth farther than is comfortable. It doesn't carry the same risk to the cat's nerve endings the same way repeated bops might. It doesn't instill fear in the cat. And it most certainly is an extremely effective way to stop it's biting.

The reason I tend to hesitate to use fear tactics is that most of the cats I've ever known have this weird tendancy to retaliate. They don't like being scared...so they can - and often do - retaliate in ways that are uber-unpleasant, but are associated in establishing heirarchy. Peeing, spraying, and pooping inappropriately are all ways cats use to re-establish their dominance. And if it's you they're trying to re-establish dominance on, it's very likely you'll crawl into bed and into a puddle of kitty urine. Not at all an enjoyable event...and it can be a really self-defeating cycle.

So, during rehabbing and/or resocialization, when working with a cat that bites, I tend to use the methods above - fingers farther in, and then replacement of target. It's a very natural behavior for a cat; it's just not acceptable to be the target of that behavior. So re-direction is a vital aspect of behavior correction if it's natural and normal behavior, like biting at under a year old.

BTW. Simon added the following: "/*ygfadfzr". I don't quite know what it means, but he thought it was important enough to walk the keyboard for, so pay strict attention. :D

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

BTW. Simon added the following: "/*ygfadfzr". I don't quite know what it means, but he thought it was important enough to walk the keyboard for, so pay strict attention. :D
Ciels-
Michele

ha ha
anyone else speak cat. That is some funny stuff:D:D:D
Skymama's #2 stalker -

. . .and it will also associate, over repeated events, that when they put their teeth on you, it results in them getting your hand in their mouth farther than is comfortable.

Works with women to.:ph34r:

Fresh out of Crack... Here.. Have an Altoid instead.

I have some white cheddar cheese popcorn

Is that where he. . . .

Ewww.

No thanks.

I'll stick with the altoids

Ewwwwww... now I'm grossed out B|

BTW. Simon added the following: "/*ygfadfzr". I don't quite know what it means, but he thought it was important enough to walk the keyboard for, so pay strict attention.

I don't know what it means but Smokey read it and couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes... it must have been a good one... :D
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...