always

Neptune - New version available

If you have the latest hardware rev (shows up as vX.X.X D on the demo screen), and you upgrade to the new software (v.3.0.0), you will have a fully functional Neptune2.

If you have an earlier hardware rev (a, A, B, or C), and you upgrade to v3.0.0, you will benefit from all of the Neptune2 features except some of the logbook capacity.

This upgrade requires an overwrite of the memory . . . if you are updating from v2.6.2 or earlier, you will lose your logs. If you are updating from beta v2.9.xx your logs will be saved.

Software update available here or through your local Alti-2 Field Service Rep.

Version history listing all the new features is here.

More information can be had in the Alti-2 Forums.
Arrive Safely

John

Neptune II really makes much better use of the device's capabilities - I'm impressed - Alti-2 did a great job squeezing more out of the device - equally impressive is that older units can be updated with the new Neptune II OS.

This upgrade requires an overwrite of the memory . . . if you are updating from v2.6.2 or earlier, you will lose your logs.

Best way to retain your logs through this upgrade is to license http://www.paralog.net and download your logs into it before you upgrade to Neptune II. It's effortless and as a bonus you can backup up your Paralog files on the PC - that's something you can't do with your Neptune alone.

If you're the kind of skydiver that never has time to log and you're relying on your Neptune to do it for you, then you should really back that up with Paralog. My first Neptune went 'sailing away in freefall' and because of Paralog I only lost that days jump records.

Neptune II really makes much better use of the device's capabilities - I'm impressed - Alti-2 did a great job squeezing more out of the device - equally impressive is that older units can be updated with the new Neptune II OS.

This upgrade requires an overwrite of the memory . . . if you are updating from v2.6.2 or earlier, you will lose your logs.

Best way to retain your logs through this upgrade is to license http://www.paralog.net and download your logs into it before you upgrade to Neptune II. It's effortless and as a bonus you can backup up your Paralog files on the PC - that's something you can't do with your Neptune alone.

If you're the kind of skydiver that never has time to log and you're relying on your Neptune to do it for you, then you should really back that up with Paralog. My first Neptune went 'sailing away in freefall' and because of Paralog I only lost that days jump records.

You are a nice source of marketing info.
I have failed to save my logs, because IR connection could not be held long enough....:( So I managed to loose my logs.

I just wish Neptunes supported Linux so I could import the logs into Paralog. The only thing that's held me back from buying Paralog is the lack of syncing with Neptunes under Linux, which isn't a Paralog issue so much as a Neptune one.

The only thing that's held me back from buying Paralog is the lack of syncing with Neptunes under Linux, which isn't a Paralog issue so much as a Neptune one.

It is not a Paralog issue. Neptune and linux's IR stack does not work together. It is really strange, because the IrCOMM2k was using sources of the linux's IR stack. I was trying to debug it, but no success and given up.