kristof_vdb

packingparachutes.com

well, as I am quiet new to the sport (only 40 jumps) I am still not very good at packing. Currently I am trying to squeeze a Spectre 150 into an Atom 00 D-bag. Technically I am able to get it in the bag, but a lot of times I have to start all over again.

So I was looking for some tips how to pack. Various threads already exist on the topic ( "Getting the canopy into the d-bag" question) and the tip that works best for me is by putting the top of the canopy first into the d-bag.

I guessed that http://www.packingparachutes.com/techniques_tips/greed.htm contained more info about this method.

But unfortunately, I seem to be unable to access the page...

Looks like they "folded up." :P

NickD :)BASE 194

Yeah, looks like they "packed it in."

"They" was me, and the short answer is I ran out of room on my server. :( so I took the site down. I'll see if I can find that page and upload it to my Sid's Rigging site - keep'em peeled, I'll see what I can do
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I guessed that http://www.packingparachutes.com/techniques_tips/greed.htm contained more info about this method.

But unfortunately, I seem to be unable to access the page...

Here ya go http://www.sidsrigging.com/articles/greed.htm hope it helps.... ;)
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

well, as I am quiet new to the sport (only 40 jumps) I am still not very good at packing. Currently I am trying to squeeze a Spectre 150 into an Atom 00 D-bag. Technically I am able to get it in the bag, but a lot of times I have to start all over again.

Hi,

I had the same problem. I bought an Electra 150 also with an atom 00 container and D-bag. In the beginning I also had problems putting the canopy in the bag and since I did not want to have this problem every time after I jumped, I was determined to be able to do it right (most of the time). So I just started packing and packing and packing at home to 'train' myself a bit. When I had nothing to do or when I was watching television I would pack over and over again and now I can get the bag in the container almost every time, without problems. So just train yourself in packing and eventually you'll be able to do it well almost every time. Just my 2 cents ;).
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

If you're having a lot of trouble getting the canopy into the d-bag, you can break the s-fold down once more. It's similar to the instructions that Sid posted, but instead of doing a single s-fold and then tucking that into the bag, you fold the canopy back on itself and put that fold in the bag. With the first fold controlled by the bag, you complete the s-fold and put the top of the canopy into the bag (looks like photo #4 now). Finally, s-fold the bottom of the canopy and put it in the bag. I've used this trick for new zero-p canopies where it is difficult to maintain even a single s-fold long enough to get it into the bag.

Michael

Why make the s-fold at all?

Because that is a simple and organized way that even a monkey can understand. ;)

Well, I won't take that personnally :)Anyway, thanks for all the help, but I think I'll leave the more experimental methods to the more experienced.
For now, I think the method that Sid posted will work best for me.

Kristof

Why make the s-fold at all?

Because that is a simple and organized way that even a monkey can understand. ;)

Well, I won't take that personnally :)Anyway, thanks for all the help, but I think I'll leave the more experimental methods to the more experienced.
For now, I think the method that Sid posted will work best for me.
Kristof

Look for Wolmari pack too! Wolmari packing and reverse S-fold can make you life easier. B|