derrickiv

Opening Bonehead Mamba

I just got my Mamba today and can't wait to jump it tomorrow. I've tried practicing to get the lens to open, but it's taking quite a bit of effort, and I really don't think I'm that weak.

Anyone have tricks to getting it open easier? My palms are killing me. Also, it doesn't look like the stud is exactly centered in the hole up top, it looks slightly offset to one side. Is this "normal"? Do I just need to loosen/tighten one of the allen screws somewhere?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I believe you just squeeze the visor from the outside and lift as opposed to try and unhook the plastic off the stud. Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs. I tried one on in a shop and I didn't find it that difficult. It was firm but not overly difficult.

Push your head like you;ve got brain freeze from eating ice cream too fast and voila! :)
EDIT: Might be different rules where you are but just check your allowed to jump a full face before you stand on the flight line only to be told to take it off in front of everyone. (assuming your profile is correct) Seen that happen to a few people.

Thanks! I'll keep trying. I can get it to "pop", but it's like it's still getting caught on the stud, just a bit. I've gotten it open once, had a friend squeeze my hands too and we got it open.

Scoop, thanks for letting me know that, I'll double check. I think as long as I'm off AFF status I'm allowed to wear one, but it won't hurt me to ask someone at the DZ.

EDIT: I'm able to open it quite easily now when it is OFF my head..:S

EDIT2: Persistence pays off.. I've got it now if I squeeze right at the top about 4 inches on either side of stud with my palms and then use my fingers to grip the top of the helmet while rotating it up with my palms.