GARYC24

Dr. orders???

If your Dr. told you to Quit Drinking Alcohol!
(because continuing will be a definite damage to liver).

Would you quick forever?

Depends.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Would you quick forever?

Yep. that's exactly what my father did. Hasn't touched a drop since. If you or someone you love has been given the same orders, follow them. Scirrhosis of the liver is not pretty.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Would you quit forever?

I think I'd get a different doctor!!!!:D:D

Walt

What? you don't even DRINK! :S:D

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Would you quit forever?

I think I'd get a different doctor!!!!:D:D

Walt

What? you don't even DRINK! :S:D

Which would be excellent reason for me to get a different doctor if he told me to quit drinking!:D:D

Walt

With enough liver damage you need to eventually take medicine that gives you the runs all the time, because your liver can't filter out as easily. Your brain deteriorates in its function, so that even if you're sober, you might be in la-la land.

It's not pretty. You feel tired physically, it limits what you can eat, and what you can do. It's well worth some lifestyle changes to avoid.

I've had relatives with alcohol-related liver damage. Whether it's alcohol-related or not, you really don't want to go there.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Would you quit forever?

Listen to doctors?! Nobody does that anymore!! :S

(in my situation, I would look at my enzymes, examine other risk factors and decide on a situational basis - but that's cuz if you know the rules, then you can break them B|)

Karen

My Nephew received the same order 2 days ago.... absolutely NO alcohol for the next year... after that he may have an occasional drink or two.

I hope he listens.... [:/]

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Would you quit forever?

Listen to doctors?! Nobody does that anymore!! :S

(in my situation, I would look at my enzymes, examine other risk factors and decide on a situational basis - but that's cuz if you know the rules, then you can break them B|)

Karen

I listen everytime you tell me what to do and give me orders.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Yes. I like to drink on occasion but it's never played an important enough role in my life that I couldn't eliminate it for health reasons, and in fact I often moderate my drinking or eliminate it altogether to benefit my health.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Well, look up "esophageal varices" to learn what a possible outcome could be. They are not pleasant, for they kill you in a few minutes, leaving horrific bleeding from the mouth and nose.

Mallory Weiss Tears.... Bad deals! My stepdad had one and got lucky that he's still here.

-oh, and Turtle, It's not a matter of if you LISTEN to the orders that I give... you have to actually FOLLOW the orders. :P But I wasn't giving you those orders as your "Doctor"..... ;)

Karen

Well, look up "esophageal varices" to learn what a possible outcome could be. They are not pleasant, for they kill you in a few minutes, leaving horrific bleeding from the mouth and nose.

Mallory Weiss Tears.... Bad deals! My stepdad had one and got lucky that he's still here.

-oh, and Turtle, It's not a matter of if you LISTEN to the orders that I give... you have to actually FOLLOW the orders. :P But I wasn't giving you those orders as your "Doctor"..... ;)

Karen

Yes Mistress.:|

Would you quit forever?

If my liver needed me to quit drinking, then I'd quit. Quitting something that's bad for you can be difficult in many, many ways. But when a habit becomes detrimental to you or someone you love, then it's the habit that should go....

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Would you quit forever?

Absolutely! But, I don't drink so it is not an issue for me. The only reason I'm answering this is because my mom was given these same instructions regarding smoking at the age of 62. She was a heavy smoker from age 16-62. This past Feb. it was 8 years since she quit and her health is absolutely great! I'm glad she took her dr's orders seriously.

Chris

Been there, done that, got the nine year coin from Alcoholics Anonymous.
A long time ago, I concluded that hang-overs were a waste of time, but Bob Celaya convinced me to quit drinking. ... something about free skydives if I could drag my hung-over body out of bed before dawn.