skydivermom

Creative ways to save a buck!

During the 11 years we've been married, my husband and I have done some interesting things to save money, but I don't think we can ever top this one.

Our AC went out shortly after we moved here, and we need a completely new unit. Well, it's covered under our warranty so we weren't concerned. Anyway, the AC man comes out and informs us he cannot install the unit in the same place because it requires 5 feet of clearance, and the previous owners built the deck on top of the unit>:( So we were going to have to pay $500 out of our own pocket to move the unit.

We had just shelled out a pretty good chunk of change buying our house and moving, so my husband was determined not to pay the $500. He casually mentioned cutting a hole in the porch so we would have the clearance. I said "then what are we going to do, build a wishing well around it?" At that point we both looked at eachother and realized we'd come up with a great one!

He cut a square in the porch above the AC and we are going to build a wishing well around it. Complete with lattice work and everything. I'm going to put ivy plants next to the lattice work so it will be covered in greenery!

It's amazing what you can come up with when faced with a stressful situation! I'll post pics when it's finished.

Anyway, post your creative money-saving stories.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Well, considering we already have the lattice work and lumber, I would say our costs are a couple of pots for the ivy, and some potting soil. My husband is building it himself.
Mrs. WaltAppel

If we throw our money in, does she guarantee our wishes will come true? (Digging through change bucket to see how many wishes I can buy) :) Actually, I only have one BIG wish. I wonder how much a big wish would cost me? :$
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

***If we throw our money in, does she guarantee our wishes will come true?

You know, I'm suddenly reminded of a wish I made over and over as a child. Every time I threw a coin in a fountain, I would think "I wish I could fly."

There are two other wishes that came true over the last year. Mom quit smoking after 31 years, and we moved back out to the most gorgeous part of Texas...and we're closer to my mom.

Three wishes in the last year...and I didn't even have to rub a lamp;)
Mrs. WaltAppel

All of these things that happened did so after I made the statement. I wish......!

Like I told Mom for years, "I wish you would quit smoking" and I said to my husband "I wish we could move back to the SA area"

The "I wish I could fly" is probably a typical childhood wish...but not many grow up and become skydivers. And while these don't fit the definition of miracles...they certainly can qualify as prayers in which God answered "yes".
Mrs. WaltAppel