airdog07

decelerator reserve

I have one reserve ride under a Decellerator 120. It opened well, goes down pretty quickly (you won't cover much distance with it) and the flare is not that much. Still, it felt reliable and my landing was ok (standup and not that hard). I was happy I had it with me :)
I can't compare it with the Tempo (no experience), but a Techno 128 has better flying and landing characteristics. Nevertheless, it did the job and got me down safely and in one piece.

Older Decelerator had the tendency to stall pretty quick when flaring.

Later on, they have extended the lower brake length. Now, according to their trim chart, the length BL-Tog (Brake loop to toggle) is, for the Decelerator 120, 620 mm.

Last week, I have had one of the very first Decelerator to pack (SN : 044 from 1996) and the BL-T length was only 500 mm. When I asked to the owner, he said that it is the way it came from Parachute Shop.

We find more and more Decelerator's in Europe as that is the reserve normally supplied with the Vortex system so if you have one Decelerator to pack, check on Parachute Systems website at products/decelerator for the correct brake length and adjust if needed.

JP