simplyputsi

Muscle spasm!!! It has to stop!!!

I've had a muscle spasm in my hand for over 12 hours now. Not matter what I do, what position my hand is in it keeps spasming like every 10 seconds or so. I don't know how I went to sleep last night. everytime I woke up though it was the first thing I noticed.
I figured it would go away by now, but noooooooooo. Maybe it's from too much whackin, hell I don't know.
Anybody got any remedies?
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Eat a banana. Eat a couple bananas. Drink a lot of water. Some Gatorade if it's available.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Thats one for mom's everywhere!

"You keep playin with it like that, and your arms going to be stuck doing that FOREVER!!!!!"

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

I eat so many bananas these days it's ridiculous. I actually just had one and drank some water. No gatorade around. I'll give the banana idea an hour to digest.
I'm thinking about beating the crap out of my hand till it stops. I don't want to damange rosey though.:$
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Are you sure Scott has nothing to do with it?? He is always wishing ill on you! LOL :ph34r:

What!!!! damn you scott!!! I'll get you for that.

It is still spasming and I just ate a good and hearty lunch.
It's on the outside of my right hand and makes my little finger shake when it does it. I have to say it doesn't feel like it is doing it quite as much.
The only med I'm on right now is Motrin. I hope that isn't causing it because I can barely walk without the motrin these days.

I'm just falling apart.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

we are going on almost 24 hours now and still spasming.

Maybe I should try freezing it with some ice. Yes yes that sounds like a good idea.

Nah, wrong direction.Microwave on high for 5 minutes.Post results.:ph34r::ph34r:
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I am not microwaving my hand. I can't get the door closed with my hand in there is the actual problem.

Awww........come on.A little radiation is good for you.B|B|
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Why are you wasting all that energy...stick it down your pants and enjoy the free ride.:P

Other than that, take a BLUE pill. Calms the nerves.
Mother's little helpers seem to work OK too for those times when you just need to take an edge off.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Potassium depletion as well as dehydration can cause muscle spasms. Alcohol flushes both from your body. If you drink... you may want to consider a multi-vitamin or add low dose 99mg potassium to your daily routine. I used to get them almost daily & haven't had a leg cramp in 6 years. It also wouldn't hurt to add a Cal/Mag/Zinc supplement as these minerals regulate cellular fluid. They also benefit your bones & muscles. Good luck! ;)