Brian425

Who can translate German or Swiss?

So I get this in the mail. It's from Liestal Switzerland. Seems to be some sort of fine.

Sehr geehrter Herr Leonard
Mit rechtskraftigem Stafbefehl wurden Sie zur Bezahlung der nachfolgend aufgefuhrten Busse, Kosten und Gebuhr Verurteiilt
Busse von CHF 400
Urteilsgebuhr von CHF 50
Verfahrenskosten von CHF 70
Noch Offen Bertag CHF 520

Wir bitten Sie hoflich, den ausstehenden Betrat innert 15 mit Tagen mit beiliegendem Einzahlungsschein zu uberweisen. Mit freundlichen Grussen Bezirksstatthalteramt Liestal Buchhaltung, B. Donatz

Can't think what I did wrong on that trip. I thought I was on my best behavior. Oh well, I would like to get it translated before I start to look into it. I would like to know what it is. I was going to stop the Swiss embassy; but, I don't want them to lock me up. :D

And 520 CHF is about $400 so it must have been something good.

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

Uhm, the district court fined you for CHF. Whatever that is.

Fine for CHF 400
Judgement fees for CHF 50
Court costs for CHF 70

It doesn't say what you did. Only that the provincial office has fined you.
BTW isn't CHF the abbreviation for Swiss Franc? You know, from the national car stickers that have CH for Swiss cars.
Since you have 15 days, it's okay to go by and ask for a copy of the complaint/violation.

Any ideas what you might have done? Overdue library book?;)

Good luck and let us know what you find.

BTW isn't CHF the abbreviation for Swiss Franc?

Yes, it is. But it really does not say what you did. Is that all you got? PM me ifor my phone nr. f you need more translation.

Franco
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

I have a sneeking suspicion that it may be a speeding ticket. That was the only thing I was doing bad while I was there. A new M3 and all day to drive. I was over 250km/hr quite a few times.

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

So I get this in the mail. It's from Liestal Switzerland. Seems to be some sort of fine.

Yes it is. Here's what I can do. As it's Swiss German, I don't know all the words, but it's close enough.

Dear Mr. Leonard, with traffic citation Stafbefehl you still owe the payment in the following penalty, costs and Gebuhr Verurteiilt penalty of CHF 400 Urteilsgebuhr of CHF 50 and court costs of CHF 70 Bertag CHF 520 We ask that you remit the pending entered within 15 within days using the enclosed paying-in slip to uberweisen. Yours truly, Grussen office for district governor reading valley bookkeeping, B. Donatz

That's the gist of the bugger. Hopefully Anita will chime in. She's Swiss so she should be able to fill in the official terms I don't know. I doubt she'll be able to talk them out of it though.

Remember, anything in Switzerland that is not forbidden is compulsory.

I have a sneeking suspicion that it may be a speeding ticket. That was the only thing I was doing bad while I was there. A new M3 and all day to drive. I was over 250km/hr quite a few times.

My uncle (who lives in Sweden) was working in Switzerland and ran a red light equipped with a camera. The bastards tracked his sorry ass down all the way back to Sweden and tried to get him to pay a fine.

I doubt they can have you extradited for a speeding ticket. I can't say I'd feel too pressured to pay it.....

Let it go for a while, see if they issue a warrant for your arrest B|

Action©Sports

I would check with a lawyer, if they have any legal means to force you to pay. There must be some US-Switzerland agreement to be able to do that.
If there isn't there are from my opinion 2 possibilities, if you don't pay.
1) It might be erased after a certain time (probably some years)
2) It might be official forever and once you enter Switzerland again, they miht arrest you.

A couple of years ago, any speeding ticket you received from Austria, being a German, you could just throw away, as they didn't have government to government agreement about how to handle it.
Today, they are granted legal means to get you.

M.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

ok so how fast were you when you thought people were taking a picture of you ??Police like to take pictures here, with 2 flashes... :|

400CHF is NOT very expensive. I once got 900chf+200chf to give them back my license for a month... :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

There must be more than what you have posted. If that is the only text in the letter and it does not say what you have done, bin it and forget it.

Another option is to put it in an envelope, attach a note saying "I don't understand!" and post it to the Swiss police :)
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

There must be more than what you have posted. If that is the only text in the letter and it does not say what you have done, bin it and forget it.
Another option is to put it in an envelope, attach a note saying "I don't understand!" and post it to the Swiss police :)

Best advice till now
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

There are some typo's in the German text. I suppose that happened when retyping, but if that is how you received it, it looks like a fake or they have a dyslectic buchhalterin.

If the letter doesn't state the offence you committed and the time and date I'd send them a letter and reject it.

Liestal does list a Beatrice Donatz in the Behoerdenverzeichnis http://www.bl.ch/docs/ak/jpd/statthalter.htm
so you could drop her an email.

That's a pretty steep fine... What did you do, expose yourself on the Liestal market place?? ;)

I was driving from Basel to Italy for a long weekend when I was there for work. I was a model citizen. Ate, drank, laughed, no troubles. The only thing I did was drive fast.
I paid the difference between the car my company rented for me and upgraded to an M3. B|

I was driving fast everywhere. :D Honestly it is the only thing I did that was remotely bad. This is all 2 years old.

I'm sure you heard the story of the guy who got caught by a camera and recieved a note to pay and a copy of the picture of his offense so he sent them a picture of some money.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239