DJL

Longest you've stayed awake? Why?

I'm approaching 40 hours now and am starting to slow down a bit. It started when I got up at 4AM on Monday so I could get in early to work on the plans for a building in NJ. Well, I kept finding more things that needed to be done and the was able to inch back the deadline ------- Holy Shit, this is the most boring thing I've ever written. I'm going home now.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Probably around 30 hours because I went into labor right when it was time for bed. The night before my due dates. Twice. I gave up after that. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm not entirely sure, but there were several 6-7 day stretches that I didn't sleep at all. Crystal meth and crank will do that to you. Ahh, the good ol' days. :P:P

Edit, after the 3rd day or so, you start to see things... We used to call them "Meth Monsters" :)

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

I used to find that if i stayed awake after a certain time i would get a second wind and would be unable to go to sleep

Yeah, after lunch I just cranked through work. I did nod off a few times in the seminar though. I'm gonna crank some music for the drive home.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

three days, was working nights and trying to finish a class. i did take a couple of power naps (20 minutes) after the first 36 hours. i finally went to sleep after walking in front of a forklift at work, waking up on the pallet that was on the forks, and scaring the driver when i stood up and he saw me there.

66 hrs. because of finals, for the last 14 hrs of studying i thought that there was a homeless dude sitting next to me, and every 10 min or so i would look over there to reasure myself that it was a halucination, but then at the 66th hr., i stood up to go to the bathroom and for about 20 sec. i didnt see the room i was actually in, i saw the hanger at the dropzone where i work, with a reserve hung up for inspection (tell you what i really had on my mind). so yeah no sleep = halucinations.

p.s. did you know that as per the DSM IV (the manual that defines all recognized mental disorders) if you are awake for more than 72 hrs. strait, you are considered mentally ill, and it is a legitimate way to plea insanity in a court of law, so long as the illegal act came within the period of sleeplessness following 72hrs.

Ive done about 55 hours of hard larbor on a wildland fire. Going from 100 degrees plus during the day down to the 40's at night out in the nevada desert. We got to finish the whole ordeal off with a nice 3 hour hike out. Ahhhhh the good old days:)

I had one four day period without sleep. Back in 93, I was trying to get back into college. That summer, my m-t-w-r schedule was work from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m., school from 330 to 5:30, and work from 6:30-2:00 a.m. Maybe 2 hours of sleep per night - until the time I had midterms on Monday and Thursday. So I was up all the way from about 5:00 a.m. on Monday through 2:30 on Friday because I was working and studying.

And people wonder how I lost 65 pounds in a three month span.B|

My wife is hotter than your wife.

56 hours.. I just didn't feel like sleeping...

Longest I slept was 38hours.. just didn't feel like waking up.. Actually woke up after 14hours to take a pee and eat something.. but that only took me 15 minutes..
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

About 36 hours. Came back from a trip to the States on an overnight flight, didn't sleep on the plane (I rarely do) and went straight on to do a long day at work.

Can't compete with some of the people on here though - four days, without drugs? :S. I want to hear more about the resulting psychosis! Euphoria is what I tend to get with extreme tiredness.