lurch

Not a big fan of asking for vibes, but this time...

Short story.
I'm a tech freak, build my own computers, fix anything, blah blah. Spent the last 5 years in a nightmare grind job that paid for everything from AFF through jump #495 fixing machines at this factory just went under at last. Been unemployed for 2 weeks now rapidly going under, Jeep just broke and for once I can't fix it, sheared the head clean off my last breaker bar trying, put it in the Meineke shop next door to let em have a whack at it with impact tools but this will break me financially. Just when I was hitting the point of total despair I find the most perfect job listing imaginable over the net just 2 miles away from my home... Instead of mindless technical production drone, this one is 100% perfect for me by the description, building assembling and testing electronics hardware and industrial machinery for this company called Presstek.
I've never wanted a particular job more in my life, and I find it right when I need it the most. What this job wants is what I spend half my free time doing for fun anyway! I already applied online for it, and will hike there tomorrow morning to apply in person as well. I have no idea what it pays and I don't care. They'll pay enough for this function, I already know that just by what the function IS.
Normally I'm not a huge fan of asking for vibes, preferring to rely on my skills, always had this attitude of "you make your own luck" but here I can't think of anything else to do. I'm as perfect for the job and as skilled as they could ask for and its not a job I'd take because I have to, I WANT this job so bad I can taste it.
Theres a desperate skydiver at the end of his rope sitting here right now asking for anyone to just root for me, send me whatever vibes you can spare, I want to work for these people and will be there when their office opens tomorrow morning...
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Hey Brian,

Glad to hear that the old job is gone. I don't know how you lasted as long as you did there. I'm sure that if you don't get the job that you are applying for, another one will come along that's better than the last.

I don't own a vibrator, but I will offer up my prayers for you. :)
God bless,

Jennifer
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Can't....breathe...must....stop....laughing....need....oxygen....
:D:D:D:D:D
Thanks Jenn, I needed that.
Thanks all, I'm hoping if I come at this with the same unstoppable attitude got me this far in skydiving (toned down a bit naturally, industrial people don't handle yahooing very well) I'll land this big fish and between the Tandem rating I'm going for, the wingsuit school I'm establishing, and this job, will succeed in getting my life together better than before.
Only thing kept me at that last job was raw desire to fly and make it far enough to get a Tandem rating and make the sport pay for itself... So naturally Reality pulled a practical joke on me and pulled the plug just a few yards short of the goal. I regard stuff like this as stimulus to upgrade and improve, and I WILL have this job... I could actually have FUN doing this!

Can't....breathe...must....stop....laughing....need....oxygen....

Thanks Jenn, I needed that.

Glad I could lighten your mood. ;)

How could they not like you? You're terrific! :)

What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Theres a desperate skydiver at the end of his rope sitting here right now asking for anyone to just root for me, send me whatever vibes you can spare, I want to work for these people and will be there when their office opens tomorrow morning...

You've got my "vibes", prayers, hugs, wishes for luck, and all the support I can muster.

Hang in there, do what you know you can do (you jump from planes, so this will be a breeze), and be proud of who, and what, you are. There's not too many folks I know who can take life by the throat and shake it up, but you are indeed one of them. So shake it up, Lurch...shake it up.

Best to you-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

You're terrific!

Thanks Jenn. I just hope they will feel the same...
God knows the last factory didn't, judging by how awful the job became towards the end... That last job taught me a whole new definition of pain and endurance... One by one they laid off the laborers and assigned me their duties as well as my own, by the end I found I was capable of pushing a giant 48" by 48" by 56" box on a pallet that weighed 5x what I do on a smooth concrete floor nearly nonstop for 12 hours at a whack 4 days a week. I figure it was the rough equivalent to walking 3 marathons a day pushing over 500 lbs the entire time... Forklifts wouldn't fit into the narrow space and don't move fast enough to keep up with the output rate anyway. It IS possible to go blind with fatigue, and after all that effort and sheer will, the factory finally died anyway.
Saying goodbye to Twin Mountain was not exactly heartbreaking, but the place certainly whipped me into shape, as if I wasn't already...
It was the ultimate game of "last man standing" and I was him.

Welcome to my nightmare...
I set up, filled, pushed aside, stacked and put away anywhere between 60 (when making 11.2 oz bottles)and 140 (when making 20 oz 38mm neck sportcap bottles) of these things per 12-hour shift for months. Now include throwing around as many pallets, and putting plastic bag liners in each and every one of these things... We used to have an army of illegal immigrants doing this, in the end there was nobody left but me.
I thought I'd died and gone to hell and never noticed when exactly it happened....

I thought I'd died and gone to hell and never noticed when exactly it happened....

And so I see this as one of those disguised blessings...

Kick ass tomorrow!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Short story.
I'm a tech freak, build my own computers, fix anything, blah blah. Spent the last 5 years in a nightmare grind job that paid for everything from AFF through jump #495 fixing machines at this factory just went under at last. Been unemployed for 2 weeks now rapidly going under, Jeep just broke and for once I can't fix it, sheared the head clean off my last breaker bar trying, put it in the Meineke shop next door to let em have a whack at it with impact tools but this will break me financially. Just when I was hitting the point of total despair I find the most perfect job listing imaginable over the net just 2 miles away from my home... Instead of mindless technical production drone, this one is 100% perfect for me by the description, building assembling and testing electronics hardware and industrial machinery for this company called Presstek.
I've never wanted a particular job more in my life, and I find it right when I need it the most. What this job wants is what I spend half my free time doing for fun anyway! I already applied online for it, and will hike there tomorrow morning to apply in person as well. I have no idea what it pays and I don't care. They'll pay enough for this function, I already know that just by what the function IS.
Normally I'm not a huge fan of asking for vibes, preferring to rely on my skills, always had this attitude of "you make your own luck" but here I can't think of anything else to do. I'm as perfect for the job and as skilled as they could ask for and its not a job I'd take because I have to, I WANT this job so bad I can taste it.

I hope you don't get the job and end up poor and have to work at McDonalds for the rest of your life asking people if they want fries with their Big Macs, while everyone gets better jobs then you and then you have to go live on the street.
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

:)Thank you!
And may the fleas of a thousand decomposing camels infest your armpits and your genitalia spontaneously decay to sludge within your shorts.
Have nice day!

At least you're cheery about it. I applaud that. Actually my post is the equivilent of "Break a leg"...so burn in hell dickhead!
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes