skydemon2

For all you squirrel haters

That kind of reminds me, the other day there was a squirrel in this overhang on my deck. Well a quick slap of the broom underneath and that little guy kamikazeed himself straight out. He fell about 3 stories down hit the ground and immediately ran up the nearest tree. It was funny as shit.

p.s. squirrely wrath is the bomb!!!!!!
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Here's a photo of one I ran across on a hike two weeks ago. Does he look comfortable enough all spread out like that?

While I was sneaking up on this guy, about four of his buddies were chasing each other around in the treetops making a gosh-awful racket. It's rare to hear them actually vocalize a noise. They must have been fighting over an acorn.

It's rare to hear them actually vocalize a noise.

When I was in High School and HUGE into deer hunting I use to watch and listen to them all day. I guess fall is breeding season for them too because they used to fight like crazy. Chirping and barking to no end. I have seen them knock each other out trees. Fall 150Ft or more to the ground and run right back up the tree. I remember thinking "Damn......I wish I could do that!" :D One of the really cool things I saw once from a deer stand was about 50 squirrels all around me. I was in an older section of that forest with BIG hardwood trees. They were going about their business when I heard a huge CRASH through the tree tops. I heard one squirrel yelp and every other one I could see ran up the trees for cover. I finally noticed what was up. A LARGE Red Tailed Hawk was flying off with an unfortunate squirrel in his talon. >:(

Have you looked into therapy for this issue of yours?? LOL :ph34r:

what the heck??!!! I don't have any issue. Remember I felt bad for running over one not to long ago. If you would have seen kamikazee boy fly out into the nothing you would have laughed as well.
Just the other day I braked for one of the bastards. I was flooring it and running straight for them lately, but this one looked a little young and probably would have just stayed put.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Chirping and barking to no end..I have seen them knock each other out trees. Fall 150Ft or more to the ground and run right back up the tree. I remember thinking "Damn......I wish I could do that!" :D One of the really cool things I saw once from a deer stand was about 50 squirrels all around me...

Now that's a lot of squirrels. It's a good thing you were armed - you could have been nibbled to death.

Yep, it's amazing what you can experience when you just sit quietly for a long time in the woods, so that the animals either don't know you are there, or no longer feel you're a threat, and just go about their business. That sounds like a neat nature experience.

Two weeks ago on a hike I needed to rest my blistered feet from a long hike, so I settled down on a rock overlooking a spring-fed pond. I noticed two fish doing some kind of courtship dance, or something. One fish would turn upside down or sideways, and the other would run his mouth along the bottom of the first. I must have watched this go on for an hour, before moving on. They were bass, I think, but the Guadalupe bass variety, not largemouth. I'm curious what was going on there.

But at any rate, it was impossible to be grumpy about city life, bills or politics, while watching fish dance in a pond in the woods.

Shot this guy at the cove the other day..
aaaaaaah.jpg (52.7 KB)

Hey, he's all stretched out nice and comfy like my little guy, and this one is doing his nails. I like the little spots on him too, like a newborn fawn. Great photo!

Speaking of fawns, check out this chance encounter I had on a recent hike (below). Isn't she a little beauty?