malboy

Would you?

I will not tolerate disrespect on that level. I have been cheated on before and as soon as I found out it seemed as if everything that I loved about him didn't exsist anymore. He was a stranger to me, one that I no longer wanted in my life.

I am a very forgiving and understanding person, but some things I cannot see past. Cheating is one of them.

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

if you found out your SO had/was cheating on you, would you?

If my canopy malfunctions - it's gone - no questions asked.

It's a good philosophy to live by in some regards.

This is a good point, so I ask: Do you go and find that canopy you cut away, get it repacked and use it again OR do you just go buy another one? I guess it depends.

You're getting analogies mixed up. In your example of looking for the canopy you have the jumper/canopy connection as the analog to the relationship.

In my example it is the jumper/jump connection as the analog to the relationship. The canopy malfunctions, something has gone wrong with the skydive - end the skydive, unfuck yourself and get the reserve out. The main maybe and probably is fine.
Scars remind us that the past is real

There's a pretty deep school of thought on the subject. Experts would say if you really loved them, talk about it, work through it if the feeling was mutual, and move on. Another department would say you may have hooked up with someone who has wants and needs no relationship can satisfy, and all you'll face is heartbreak and pain. Move away, move on, let go. Then there's the perspective that she made a mistake and never wanted you to ever know (and, in which case, never would tell you for fear of damaging the relationship.) When it comes to reality, if she makes that mistake more then once, under the influence, with someone other then a former lover, make like Batman, hop in the Batcopter and get outta there. Many moons ago I broke up with such a girlfriend. To my luck, one of her girlfriends called to say she was sorry about our breakup and wondered if I needed company. As Jethro Tull says, "Life's a long song."

You're always the starter in your own life!

I gave one a second chance once. Man, was that a waste of time!

I decided after that they get one shot.
I can't possibly see it happening with the one I've got now:)
----------------------------------------
....so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

What if you're the one they cheated with?

Dump them. If they are untrustworthy to teir "lover" what makes you think she won't do the same to you when she gets bored of you.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Really depends on the situation. Here's how I always looked at it. Was she a virgin when you met her? No.........OK so get over the "someone has been in my shit" syndrone. There was someone there long before you..........get over it. Second........what was the situation? Was it something she planned and carried out because she really just likes someone else? Or was it a "I was out having a good time and it happened" I could deal with the latter. I do stupid shit all the time..........I can understand. :D I don't think it should automatically be a relationship ender though. If this is someone you want to spend the rest of your life with why throw it all away because of a stupid mistake?

Toward the end of the marriage, I would have paid some sucker to distract her. Maybe it would have smoothed out her violent mood swings.

Worth keeping for the housekeeping and secretarial services but...lousy companion.

:D
Truth is stranger than fiction.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

What if you're the one they cheated with?

Dump them. If they are untrustworthy to teir "lover" what makes you think she won't do the same to you when she gets bored of you.

yeah totally agree, if they are capable of doing it with you to someone else, there capable of doing it TO you WITH someone else. trust is pretty much impossible after that.

if you feel the need to cheat, cut away, somethings obviously rotten.
www.ewancowie.com
www.facebook.com/ewancowiephotography

Thats why one of the first things I tell them is "if you ever feel that you might cheat, call me, e-mail me, text me, something. Once one person calls off the relationship, its over. You do that and guess what? Your not cheating anymore. I am here to help make you happy, not keep you from someone you think is better." It seems to work pretty well.

That's an interesting approach. I bet it works well. Has anyone actually done that to you?

Cheating is not tolerated.

Years ago I would have said dump her, but once you have kids it changes everything. At this point there's not much she could do that would make me want to split up.
I doubt my wife would ever cheat on me. If she did I could live with it, but it would definitely be my turn.

If they will do it once they will do it again. I had it happen yrs ago and gave her a second chance. That was my mistake. My current wife is the best thing that ever happened in my life, but if she cheated on me, there would be no second chance and she knows that.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.