JankyBob

Girlfalldown's Memorial Service

LOL Bonnie! I'm sure we'll see eachother again sometime, somewhere. :)
Nadine will have died a year ago soon and i think about her a lot lately but in my previous post i actually meant my husband who died in a car accident. Nadine was a very dear friend but losing a friend can never compare to losing you partner in life and love of your life.

Take risks not to escape life but to prevent life from escaping

For those of you coming to the Memorial, there is very limited parking in the parking lot. There is a parking garage on El Camino four blocks north of Oregon Expressway/Page Mill Road and it a two block walk. There is also street parking. They are having graduation at Stanford that day, but they start that at 9am, so we should be fine. You may want to try and get there a little early, just to be safe.

I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

Bob

Just got back from the post-service gathering. Bob, I am still fundamentally blown away by your spirit and how you are finding a positive light through all of this darkness. Your strength and the strength you are finding through those who love you and who loved Shannon is truly inspiring.

The service was beautiful and helped us both remember Shannon and celebrate her life. Thank you and everyone who spoke for helping us to say goodbye.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

It was nice meeting you in person Jaye. Thanks for the pins.

Funny. But I really expected you to have longer ears.

It was great to meet you too, Bonnie! You weren't what I expected, either! And your lil' girl is so cuuuute! :)

BTW, my ears are a little sore from getting pulled all weekend, though. :P
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Kurt Issel did video tape the service and I will be putting it together in the coming weeks and try to put in on dvd. I will post here when I am done and I will try to honor all of the requests for a copy. The love that was shared during the service and the celebration afterwards was remarkable and it will be a day that I won't soon forget. Thank you all!

Much Love.

Bob

Hey, Bob, you were exemplary at the service and at the wake.

I was lucky in that Shannon knew exactly how I felt about her. There was nothing left unsaid between us except to say goodbye. Keeping that communication current makes things easier when somebody leaves us unexpectedly.

Bob, I think your effusive love for Shannon and how loved you made her feel is an example for us all.

I took the opportunity yesterday to let a few people know how important they are, and how they make the world better. It's a good idea for all of us to take inventory of our lives and make sure we keep the special people dusted off and aware of our affection.

The attached photo was one Shannon hated. We were at Perris at one of the memorial day boogies (argh, memorial day) and she rodeo'd me in my Birdman suit. (Cameras backward on helmet) A ton of DZ.commers were on the load and it was hilarious. She had the hardest time getting stable on me and we barrel-rolled several times, but she wasn't letting go.

She shot the trackers out of the sky.

My grief is not for Shannon, but for me. I miss her and I'm still in the angry phase of my loss. She lit up the hangar. People would buzz "Shannon's here!" when she showed up.

What a blessing. I'm so lucky to have known her so well.

Argh.