adventurechick

Question for all you men....

Hypothetical question: If you are a man and you were coming in town for work and you called up a girl you met at a dz and invited her to stay at your hotel one night so you two could jump together the next morning... .... would that be your way of hitting on her or could it be platonic?

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

Well how about this...if you do not want to have anything happen make this clear.

Communciation!! Communciation!! Communciation!!

If you do, then just see how things go once you are there. Dont assume that he isnt going to make a move, make it very clear before hand that it is something you DO NOT WANT. If you are not sure, then dont go.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Man goes out of town on business. Man has hotel room to himself and nothing better to do. Man invites woman to hotel room for platonic sleepover.

I'm sure at some point in the history of mankind this scenario has happened. Maybe even twice. So yeah, I'd say it definitely possible.

If I call a girl to stay at my hotel then it could be plutonic. If I call a woman to stay in my hotel room then I'm definitely hitting on her.

"Just remember that when mortal men play superheroes, gravity is their kryptonite."
Dudiest Skydiver # 3760

im not a man, but will offer my 2 cents anyways ;)

*shrugs* ive spent platonic and not so platonic nights with people in hotels/at their place etc.. i have no qualms about sharing sleeping space.

the only way you will know for sure, and if it worries you as to wether it would be platonic or not, is to ask!

He's trying to bang you with the pretense of being a "nice guy". If he's worth it then go for it. If you're not willing to sleep with him then just go out for dinner and meet him at the dz in the morning.

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

I'll give you the biggest possible clue.When you get to his room, and there is only one bed:o:o...........well you get the picture;);).......and if ya don't then I'm the one that needs help.:S
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

i definitely do not want to bang him.... i met him once and talked to him for 2 hours... definitely not long enough for a physical relationship

make sure that you make that perfectly clear to him then.. :)

However id like to point out.. not EVERY invite to share sleeping space means that someone is trying to hit on someone else. Yeah it sounds suss, but depends on the people.. and their relationship.. men and women CAN be close mates without having sex.. belive it or not :D

I know, when he made the invite I was thinking platonic... but my coworkers pointed out that it may not be so much since I don't need a place to stay and have my own room 25 minutes away from where he's staying.

Hmmm.........You didn't, by chance, tell him your"Fine for Parking" story, did ya??;):P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

since I don't need a place to stay and have my own room 25 minutes away

This is the thing that leads me to believe that he is looking for something more than just a friendly little sleepover.

I have stayed with many friends, male and female, and shared the bed as well without it being sexual but this situation doesn't seem to fall in that realm.

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

Hmmmmmmmmm......... a couple of questions come to mind when I read your post. 1st. How well does this gal know this person? What is his attraction to the "Gal" is it platonic or sexual. What is this "Gals attraction to him" One thing I can say with absolute confidence is that a women knows within a nano second whether or not she is going to give a guy the time of day or drop him like a bad habit. Women are very perceptive which is what makes them special. They have ability to DETECT if certain situations are going the wrong way. Of course this "Gal" knows this because she is a woman. So should this guy expect something.... well that depends on his maturity. This "Gal" spending the night, what are the sleeping arrangements? 1 bed or 2. Should he expect something if this "Gal" sleeps over? Hell fuck no!

Remeber a woman chooses her man, not the other way around. If this "Gal" DETECTS he may expect something either talk and make your intentions clear or DO NOT spend the night. I am not the smartest guy but I have been dumped more than someone with exploding diareha and I've learned women are a precious part of our lives despite what we men may act and think.
just a little guys 1 euro.
zulu

ummm.. if you've only spoken to him for 2 hours ever then shit yeah he wants more than platonic. spending a night together in the hotel room is pretty intense.. and it's more than 2 hours long.

realistically, how many guys invite a girl (who lives 25 mins away and he has only spoken to for 2 hours) to sleep over in their hotel room so they can become better friends? if it was platonic, he would meet you for dinner/coffee/ whatever. if it was platonic and he decided he liked you when you guys were hanging out, then you'd end up in his room. if he has already pre-invited you to sleep over, obviously it's not platonic for him. what are you guys going to do? play scrabble?

understand what you want before doing anything..don't get yourself in a situation you can't handle.

Edit to add: sorry i'm not a man but i ran it by my boyfriend (who's sitting here) before posting..

Gail,

As you know... not a man here, but BIG RED WARNING flags going up.

I have to agree with most of the posts on here already. I'm thinking that he definately would like to try to get to know you better than "just friends." That's not to say that he isn't a gentleman and if you said sex isn't going to happen that he wouldn't be ok with that. Rather, this is just a caution to you that placing yourself in that situation could be bad... in many levels. Not just with feeling influenced into doing something that you have no intention on doing, but the possiblity of some more serious dangers. You've only talked with him for two hours. That's not enough time to really trust him while you're sleeping and vulnerable.

Could it be platonic? Hell yeah. He could be the most wonderful guy in the world. He could be just offering a situation that would allow you and him to spend the most time together and get to the dz at the earliest convience. But...... I don't think that he would be upset if more happened in that hotel room. (wink wink)

Karen

There's nothing wrong with being cautious. Since you only live 25 min away from the dz, sleep at home. That way, you'll get a good night's sleep for jumping the next day and you won't have to get yourself out of a potential situation you don't want to be in.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon