mailin

Need opinions on pricing my gear to sell

I'm selling my gear :(

I've been turned down by 7 different companies to get life insurance (not just because I wanted skydiving covered) and don't feel comfortable skydiving with a young child without that coverage... so I'm selling my gear, all manufactured within last 4 years. None of it has been used for 2 years now.

Wings container – 130 jumps? (78 by me)
Sabre2 190 - 130 jumps? (78 by me)
PDR 176 - 0 jumps
Cypres2 AAD
Parasport Evo Freefly helmet in black (very few jumps, maybe 10)
Purple flex z's (very few jumps, maybe 10)
Packing tool too, if I can find it, since that container is a bitch to pack (the 190 is the largest that will fit in it).

I thought $4k would be reasonable but others have said $4500 would be a steal too. I paid $4500 for the container/190/176/AAD when I bought it.

Those that have more experience with this - what do you think?

Its all in really good shape. I'm crushed that I have to sell it

:(

Jen
Arianna Frances

what kind of info on the cypres? DOM, test & cal, batteries.

Without the cypres, I would put around $2500 on it, based on pristine condition. $3000 with the cypres...which would be fair to you and the new buyer...which would be the third owner.

The way to value the cypres is take the 12 years on it, divide the 12 by what you paid for it and decrease the value by that. So if it's 4 years old, needs the test, cal & batteries and you paid 1200 for it...I would offer you $650 for the cypres.

You're not going to get what you put into it, so long as you realize that, you'll be better able to value it.

I'm crushed that I have to sell it

:(

Jen

Then dont sell it.

Skydiving may not be a possibility for you today for many reasons, but someday you may decide that you can jump again and then you will kick yourself for selling all your gear.

That happened to me, and I had to buy all new gear. You think my wife was unhappy the first time I spent 6k on gear, you shoulda seen her the next time I spent 6k on gear :)
__

My mighty steed

Its already sat for two years and as long as we have young kids I won't jump without insurance and we plan on adding to our family in the future. It'll be at least 15 years before I skydive again and in the mean time the money is better used to pay off my car or to be invested...
Arianna Frances

Wings container - $800-900
Sabre 2- $900-1000
PDR- $800-850.

If they are ugly colors (or mainly pink) deduct some money from it. If its sized odd you'll need to reduce the container also. If you want the money now go elow market value and it will sell quick, if you'd rather hold it and hope fore more money then price it on the upper end.

Look the Cypres2 value up on www.cypres-usa.com They have a depreciation calculator on there that will figure it down to the penny.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Sabre 2- $900-1000

For a four year old canopy that has less than 150 jumps on it? Holy crap. I guess I did good selling my five year old, 300 jump Spectre 170 for $1100. :S

Assuming excellent condition and a Cypres value of $650 or so I wouldn't let that rig go for less than $3500; I'd probably list it at $4000/obo and see what people offer. I think the fact that it's a smaller harness and sized for larger canopies will make it an easy sale even at a higher price.

Yeah, thats on the low side but priced as part of the package. Pieced out you could get up to $1200 if you waited for it. $4000 list and sell for $3750 fairly easly. Here in another 2-3 months the north will start to shut down so those people will probally hold off until spring to buy.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Has your gear been opened up and inspected in the past 2 years?

If the cypres has been packed for the past two years, you could have gear that's worthless if the batteries leaked.

You could have had mice eat your reserve or main. So much could have happened in a two year period and unless a rigger has inspected the gear, there's no way to know for sure.

Blue skies,
Kaye

Wings container - $800-900
Sabre 2- $900-1000
PDR- $800-850.

<<<
My take looks more like this. Based on current supply and demand and perceived market value:

Wings container - $1,000
Sabre2 190 - $1,200
PDR - $800

I would ask $3k without the AAD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!