peek

Peek revisits the Kruger balloon suit, 20 years later

Slow, sub 100 easy.

My god. I am so thankful for this thread! I weigh 130 out the door, and now I finally know how to get someone to stay up with me!

RW, here I come. Thank you dropzone.com. :P

But seriously, thanks for posting this, Gary, and thanks for posting the pics (the rest of you). It's really interesting to me, as someone who wasn't around back then.

...Now, given my fall rate in a weak arch, I wonder if I could suit up in one and just hang out in 'freefall' all day...maybe bring a picnic lunch.... :D
Signatures are the new black.

Hey Gary!

I was talking about those the other day in some other state (where ever I was).

I remember when those came out, what color is yours, most the ones I saw back inthe day were neon orange.

Ed Duncan (D32 I think) was flying the C182 for DPA (Dallas Parachute Association Seagoville Tx) when three of them crawled out on the step for the first time.

Well you can probably guess what happened.

The nose went up, stalled and did three complete spins before recovering. Needless to say there was plenty to learn from that.

I doubt that would happen today (three a a time that is), but thought I would share.

Oh, when did they actually come out? I keep thinking the late 70's, but i was just a kid:)

I have an "X" suit made years ago. The sleves look just like the ones in this pic and they do have swoop cords. I've never been able to inflate the arms on it, but I do know that if you arch hard right off the step the relative wind will cause you to do a back flip. The legs have HUGE bell bottoms but do not close around my ankles so I couldn't imagine that the legs would fill with air. Has anyone heard of this suit?

Yea a "brand X" but are you sure it has vents to inflate the wings? Cuz the "Brand X's" were from the wing war era, swoop cords normal, a lot of them two peice and yes had bell bottoms and made out of heavy poly cotton.

Got one myself just like it, only different!B|

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I have an "X" suit made years ago. The sleves look just like the ones in this pic and they do have swoop cords. I've never been able to inflate the arms on it, but I do know that if you arch hard right off the step the relative wind will cause you to do a back flip. The legs have HUGE bell bottoms but do not close around my ankles so I couldn't imagine that the legs would fill with air. Has anyone heard of this suit?

It was called Brand-X suit. A popular suit in the 70's. It wasn't in inflatable suit though.
Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video

I gotta Brand X 'Swing Wing'...no swoop cords, the extra large wing could be clipped in the front for maximum 'lift' on big-ways, or clipped in the back for RW...:D:D:D

It's a one piece suit but has slots for the leg straps to go into, so ya didn't bunch up the crotch.

Great suit for a big guy back then, worked well with my Piglet with ripcords...not so good with a belly mounted throw out.:S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

It was called Brand-X suit. A popular suit in the 70's. It wasn't in inflatable suit though.

Sounds like a 'Silly Suit'....:)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~