adventurechick

What is the rule of thumb for dating....

What is the rule of thumb for dating in this sport. I'm guessing instructors can't date AFF students...but are coaches allowed to date their students? What is looked down upon? Do "D license holders" like to prey on the newbies or is that a select few that do so? Just curious how the system kinda works.

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

FFA - Free For All.
More a matter of DZ policy with regards to instructors/students.

Never heard of a DZ banning after hours liasons between tandems and TMs. Guess AFFs might require more discretion?

Dating? - I thought everyone just took turns with one another? :P

Wait, so you mean to tell me there are RULES to dating? Well damn it... why did no one ever tell me this before? :D:P

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

Be picky. Don't be the girl that everyone is just waiting to have their turn with. You will earn more respect if you show the regulars at the dz that you are there to skydive rather than to pick up men.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Am I that obvious? I want you, I need you, Oh baby oh baby :o)

Well you are a mature woman... I am a younger guy... what else is there for a boy toy to be?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

There are no real rules. Certainly I think it's unethical for an AFF instructor to date their students. However I see it all the time. I also know a couple AFF instructors that refuse to date their students. Some people have morals and ethics......others........:S

Just remember the DZ is a small little society and everyone hears about everybody else and love to gossip while sitting around waiting for the next load.

Alysse mentions to remember that all those guys may seem so cool when you are new to the sport, but as in any other place there are good guys and bad out there....

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

I would recomend taking your time and being patient. Give people time to show their true colors. The DZ is generally speaking, a small tight knit community. The last thing you want to do is prematurely begin a relationship, have it go badly, and then have to deal with that person every weekend for the rest of eternity. I'm not trying to sound pessimistic, but I've seen the drama unfold TOO many times. Have fun, but be cautious!!

"Try not! Do, or do not.... there is no try."
--Yoda

Be picky. Don't be the girl that everyone is just waiting to have their turn with. You will earn more respect if you show the regulars at the dz that you are there to skydive rather than to pick up men.

Screw that...skip the dating and go straight to the sex. :P:):o:D...shit, do it while jumping. :ph34r:
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Yeah, I'd be wary for the first few months. After 3-4 months you will know all the skeletons in the DZ closest and be able to decide who is ok to date and who you shouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. ;)
Fly it like you stole it!

Just curious... also learning what to be wary of.

As a rule I date outside of the dropzone. The fewer people inside my personal life and know my personal business the better. There seems to be too much drama at the dropzone. I don't want to ruin a weekend of skydiving that I've been looking forward to for a longtime and is much needed.

I once dated a extremely cute female neighbor of mine in an apartment complex I once lived in. HUGE fucking mistake. I'd rather have someone drop an anvil on my foot than go through that again.

Interesting story along those lines today at the hills!!! I will tell ya about it soon!!!! Funny funny stuff!!!!! and no news on person you asked me about!!!!;):P

till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates....
In skydiving, the only thing that stops you is the ground..............
PMS# 472 Muff #3863 TPM#95

Damn, you took the words right out of my mouth. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

mm yes DZ gossip, ive only been hanging round our DZ for a little over a month and ive heard some very funky rumours about me that i could only WISH were true! I dont get mad at the rumours, i get even :D but yes it is always a point to remember that people talk, that you shouldnt believe everything you hear and that at some point or other everyone is guilty of DZ gossiping.

Your coach hit on you? If it made you feel weird, just talk to him about it, make your intentions/interest/lack thereof clear. Theres alot of flirting at our DZ, but everyone knows where they are at. If someone makes me feel weird, i tell them to back off.

I dont know of any policy at our DZ with regards to dating between students/staff, but im not sure that a student needs that distraction! :D

Just remember the DZ is a small little society and everyone hears about everybody else and love to gossip while sitting around waiting for the next load.

And there we have it - the dirtiest thing ever said on dz.com! :S

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

What is the rule of thumb for dating in this sport.

Well the general Rule of Thumb I have noticed in this sport is that The Boys (They are the ones with the Outies) Like the Girls (They have the Innies). Although sometimes a certain small percentage of the Outies like other outies and even more often the Innies like Innies.

In general, nothing else really matters.

Boys Like Girls (Especially girls that let the outies get into the Innies). Sometimes the Girl even like the boys (They like outties in thier innies). Licenses, Ratings or anything thing will not change this.

And I don’t think any of this is specific to just Skydiving!!:P:D

This a Sport for Big Kids that should know these things by now.