pre7117

Leave me alone!

screw em. They are obviously are retarded. Once again this gives people who jump smaller canopies a bad name, guys who are really good and have a brain and some sort of humility would encourage you to jump what ever you want. You are making the right decision by sticking with that canopy. Just try to be the bigger person and blow them off.
don't try your bullshit with me!!!

I am really starting to get annoyed by people asking me why i fly a tuna boat. I got a Spectre 210 and I am 220lbs out the door. I keep getting these little guys that are 5' nothing and buck and half wet out the door telling me I should be on a 150. I like my 210 and dont really care about swooping downsizing because I want to be cool. No matter how many times I tell them, they still give me shit. It really gets to me when a newbie pokes fun at me, I just want to lay them out.

It appears from your other thread about fitting a 170 in your container, that you have caved to the peer pressure....[:/]

That's kind of funny. Loose.

It does appear that the pressure has got him to downsize. Maybe he is a great canopy pilot and is ready for a jump from 210 - 170.

As I've said before, The first canopy I owned was a PD9-170 (I was 170ish out the door), my big move was to a synergy 170 (ZP Semi Elliptical) I did my training on 220's, 210's and 190's. 190's were "off" of student status. - I still jump that 170. I have no reason to downsize anytime soon (But I can do everything on the downsizing checklist)

Now I'm trying to figure out if a Classic 304 would fit into something that I have a Synergy 170 in.:|

by your logic, everyone on our dz must be "a great canopy pilot" cause nearly everyone goes straight form a 210 to a 170... Cause those are the only sizes our hire rigs have.
"In one way or the other, I'm a bad brother. Word to the motherf**ker." Eazy-E

Don't worry to much about it. Worrying will only hurt you in the end. I fly a 170 loaded at .88 and will for a long time. I got a lot of shit for ordering a brand new container made to fit a 170. People kept telling me I was wasting my money cause it was too big for me and I would want to down size really soon and then have to buy a new one. It really doesn't bother me what anyone says. I just laugh it off. I have my reasons for staying on a lightly loaded canopy and I never felt like I had to justify my self. I couldn't be happier with my container or my canopy:)

Fly like a girl

Screw 'em. ;)

If you explore your canopy, and fly it out in all of it's areas, you are doing what's right.

Being at a large DZ, I see plenty of skydivers, even on mid-hundred canopies, not being able to stand up their landings. It's not the canopy's fault or the winds, it's just a matter of having a canopy that fits you and your skill level.

Remember; canopy flight is more than just landings.

Oh, and if you get to the point where you get interest in swooping, the 210 can make a decent swoop too if you play it well. ;);)

It's all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

I can't really grasp the concept of downsizing to quickly, maybe only because it's 'cool', but then again it really sounds more like retarted. I'll be jumping a lower wing load for a long time to come, I especially like the longer time of flight.

There is already haste enough in the world, I really don't like to put haste in the sports. I thought that skydiving was cool by itself, maybe they forgot that because they wanna be more cooler. People always want more, even if they get more than they bargaining for.

Maybe people tend to forget that cool is only 3 letters away from fool.[:/]

Just give it time, 5 years from now take a look and see who is still in the sport from today.

3-5 years and they femur out of the sport.

Love my spectre, will jump it for as long as I can jump. I think the spectre will help me stay in the sport, hell I even put dacron lines on it. Love it!!

Just ignore em.

J

Maybe people tend to forget that cool is only 3 letters away from fool.[:/]

umm... isn't that ONE letter?
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess