tinfoil

advice for possible scam on the classifieds

I bought a dytter off a user in the classifieds, thought it would be alright, he was selling a few things and had a history on DZ.com. He's made a few posts, seemed like it would be alright. Sent a postal money order on June 12th, haven't heard from the sender since then. Before he would reply to an email within hours; now, nothing. The dytter was suppose to be shipped to a DZ in the US where I could pick it up. But they haven't seen anything. They'll look for it today and I have to call tomorrow.
Got a phone number from the guy, didn't call it before but now it will ring for a bit and then give a busy signal.

So I have the strong feeling I've been screwed and am out about a hundred bucks. I'm holding off claiming the item I bought and the other item up for sale as a scam until tomorrow so I know for certain. Give time for the DZ to look around and the user to respond to one last email.

Anyone have any advice on what I can do? I've heard the USPS will investigate these kinds of things, but I live in Canada and the seller is in Washington, so I don't think anyone would really care. This might be an expensive lesson leaned... frick

“- - Sumo is the greatest of sports. It has power, grace, speed and cluture. And most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. ”

I sell alot on dz.com and i always like people to do things the way you did. It works. Unless you get a prick to take advantage of the nature of skydivers trusting.
I always make people pay first. However i know how they must have reservations so i give them a bank account to put it in or at least send me a bank cheque. This way there is always a record of the money being collected.
same as you did. Ring up your post offive and find where this cheque was cashed as it would have had to have been cashed with ID and maybe even into a bank account.
Then pay another $100 go to his house and kick his teeth in.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Got a DZ.com name:)

R.I.P.

Am I allowed to post it? :$
Anyone in Vancouver, WA wanna take a drive with a carton of eggs? :) We'll see how it works out tomorrow.

Canada Post does offer a way to get a photocopy of the money order. I'm going to call them or stop in tomorrow and find out. But I'm not sure what can be done.

“- - Sumo is the greatest of sports. It has power, grace, speed and cluture. And most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. ”

Got a DZ.com name:)

R.I.P.

Am I allowed to post it? :$
Anyone in Vancouver, WA wanna take a drive with a carton of eggs? :) We'll see how it works out tomorrow.

Canada Post does offer a way to get a photocopy of the money order. I'm going to call them or stop in tomorrow and find out. But I'm not sure what can be done.

Proabably be a bad idea . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I sell alot on dz.com and i always like people to do things the way you did. It works. Unless you get a prick to take advantage of the nature of skydivers trusting.
I always make people pay first. However i know how they must have reservations so i give them a bank account to put it in or at least send me a bank cheque. This way there is always a record of the money being collected.
same as you did. Ring up your post offive and find where this cheque was cashed as it would have had to have been cashed with ID and maybe even into a bank account.
Then pay another $100 go to his house and kick his teeth in.

Ditto - I sell a bunch of used gear on dz.com as well and will not ship until the funds have arrived. I only take money order or cashiers check so there is a record - no personal checks or cash.

J.
Scars remind us that the past is real

did yo send it in us funds or canadian funds. for us to take a check from a canadian, they sometimes charge alot of money. it might not have cleared yet.

but then again, the dude needs to get back in touch with you.