ACMESkydiver

12 Years Ago Today...

B|

What should we do tonight?!? (Now the 'obvious' we already did this morning...:):):))

Dinner and a movie are just sooo...typical. :S -And we might not have a babysitter, so that's a key factor too. [:/]

Man I remember 12 years ago RIGHT NOW I was finishing my hair in a salon with my mom, and it was off to pick up the bride's maids. :ph34r:

So...what should we do?? Ideas?? :oB|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Thank you! Thank you. And I don't look a DAY over...12 years older than I did then. :D

I was such a baby though, it's no matter. ;) I couldn't even drink the champagne at our reception legally! :$:o:) And HE was only legal to drink it by 2 weeks. :o
~Jaye

That is a beautiful wedding picture you posted. What ever the two of you do tonight I am sure it will be special.

Congrat's on 12 years together.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Yay! Here's to 12 more ... and 12 more after that ... and so on and so on. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

B|

What should we do tonight?!? (Now the 'obvious' we already did this morning...:):):))

Dinner and a movie are just sooo...typical. :S -And we might not have a babysitter, so that's a key factor too. [:/]

Man I remember 12 years ago RIGHT NOW I was finishing my hair in a salon with my mom, and it was off to pick up the bride's maids. :ph34r:

So...what should we do?? Ideas?? :oB|

secure a babysitter.....and,....NIGHT JUMPS!!!! ;)

Congratulations - 12yrs. these days is pretty amazing. You have every right to be proud, and here's wishing you many more yrs. of togetherness!!

I love that wedding picture - I always think military weddings w/the uniforms and crossed swords are extra romantic...very sweet.

As for tonight, make sure you get some champagne, because you're both definitely legal now! Beyond that, I'll let the champagne and your imaginations take over...have fun!
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

First, Congratulations.

Second:

Check it out; that was back when black berets meant something in the army!

I am REALLY glad you clarified that. After loooking at the picture, I was thinking, "Now, surely that was a Ranger unit. Please tell me that was a Ranger unit and that the whole "Black Beret" debacle wasn't twelve years ago already!?!??!

Again, Congrats... 12 years in and of itself is quite a feat these days, much less with an SOF guy. That is a testament to your fortitude. He's a lucky man.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Congrats and many more.

I know this is late.....but I would go with exotic/great carryout food that you both love, nice bottle (somethilled and sparkling OBVIOUSLY) and go for a nice walk someplace quiet.

....then write a post about it. :P

or not. :)

again, well done! :)

Did you get whacked on the behind by a sword after you went through the arch like my daughter did (she just said she got hit in the elbow pretty hard)? Congratualtions.

Yup, that pic was seconds before the >SHMACK<. :D

It went like this:

SSG B.: "The right to pass is a kiss."

(We smooch, picture taken ;))

>SHMACK!< [sword hits Jaye's ass] "Welcome to 2nd Ranger Battalion, Mrs. P."

B|
~Jaye

Again, Congrats... 12 years in and of itself is quite a feat these days, much less with an SOF guy. That is a testament to your fortitude. He's a lucky man.

Thankfully, the nights of waking up to an empty bed with a vague recollection of a pager going off at 2am and "Honey, I'm going..." are in the past. He is now an SFC in a reserve unit, and of course there aren't reserve rangers, so it's a bit easier to keep from listening to the Communist News Network and ranger wives to try to figure out if he's gonna make it home. :S[:/]:|

I know you served too; thank you for that. :)
12 years is a first step to...well, all the rest of our years!! :D We keep it going with laughter. LOTS of laughter. He is truly my best bud, and the only man I could ever imagine spending the rest of my days with. >sigh<...:)

To those that asked, today was GREAT!!! -And none of it was our idea, either! :ph34r: We asked my sister/brother/sister-in-law/& nephew if we could stop by for a visit as it had been quite awhile...they ended up making us an AWESOME BBQ steak dinner. The kids all played out in the sprinkler, and we drank our beers. 85 degrees, just relaxing. It was so cool. B|
~Jaye

Hey thanks to everyone for your well-wishes, we spent quite the happy family day together. B|

And:

Believe it or not, you can do the same thing again tonight.;)

I seem to remember something from a really cool marriage book I read, titled "Letters to Karen". I think it was discussing attributes that men hope for in a wife, and one chapter was titled "The Saint, and the Sweet Little Sinner"...well I best put this marriage seminar/studying to good use, shouldn't I? :)>:(:)>:(

G'night all. ;)
~Jaye