jumpergirl

Sky/Scuba Divers?

i only ran out of air because my computer flipped out and i just stayed at 15 ft for like 20 minutes waitin for it to clear me.. I thought i was ok but i just listened to my computer...Scuba is more dangerous not because of ocean life but of all the shit that can go wrong. I have my divemaster rating but that means jackshit. I think so much more can go wring scuba diving

i totally agree! i am going for my dive master rating soon, but i agree, a rating is just a rating. its being heads up that can save your life, or your buddy's.

study the fuck out of the manuals the tests are hard. i think i got lucky as i am thick as pig shit. The practical was easy but man those exams.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I dunno - my PADI instructor told me that his insurance costs less than a buddy's of his who teaches bowling.
---------------------------------------------------------------
There is a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
--Dave Barry

I'm both!

Skydiving License: A

Scuba Diving: PADI certified (Put Another Dollar In) :o)
Open Water Certified
Nitrox Certified
Advanced open water certified

Yay, let's go diving!!

Yippee!!

We are only PADI Open Water Certified. Eventually we'll get the Advanced, but who knows when.

Girl, I can't wait to meet you at SkyFest!!! I'm looking forward to it. B|

Both are aas dangerous as the user lets them become.

Running out of air is just plain stuipd if one plans a dive and dive the plan. By monitoring the supply this is an easy task. I can have a 80 cu ft last over an hour and half with room to spare plus going to a depth of 130 feet/ 40 min for 10 minutes then raising up slowly to shadower depths.

Best to rely on yourself and at least carry a small spre air just in case.

Skydiving also has its own set of danages including parachute activation while getting out of the A/C etc.. While these are preventable it goes the same with checking the air.

The major difference between the two is you can skydive then scuba dive but can not scuba dive then skydive unless you want to feel the wonderful pain of those bubbles in your body (the Bends). I used to teach stay off airplanes or going into mountain ranges for at least 24 hours after diving..jUst in case.. And always be safe (Slowly Assend from Every Dive)...

I love both of these sports and would love to see them both grow and expand to where we all could do both...;)
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

I have an Advanced Open Water certification courtesy of US Army Special Forces, earned in 1978. I have dove the Keys, Seattle WA, Cancun & Cozumel. And I have jumped in all those places too. ;) Just remember to allow 24 hours after you scuba before you skydive.

steveOrino

I have been a SCUBA Diver since I was 12... BUT.. no way am I diving in this cold ass shit up here( It gets to about 52 degrees in the Puget Sound)

Some of the best diving I ever did was in the underwater park by the Edmonds Ferry. Cousteau said it was one of the best man-made underwater parks in the world. I did all that wearing a 6 mil wetsuit. By the time I got it on, I was burning up. I learned in the Keys and thought the same thing until I tried it.

steveOrino

J and I got our scuba rating (is that what it's called? Or is it certification? :S) last Friday and we're so excited about it. How many other sky/scuba divers are there here?? I know only a few.

Always remember the 72 hour rule, no jumpy after divey for 72 hours. :)

72??? I was taught 24 hours.

steveOrino

J and I got our scuba rating (is that what it's called? Or is it certification? :S) last Friday and we're so excited about it. How many other sky/scuba divers are there here?? I know only a few.

Always remember the 72 hour rule, no jumpy after divey for 72 hours. :)

72??? I was taught 24 hours.

Ditto
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

I have a few PADI certs... there's great diving here in BC... there's a 737 on pylons about 100ft down in a bay near here. :-)

-=Raistlin
find / -name jumpers -print; cat jumpers $USER > manifest; cd /dev/airplane; more altitude; make jump; cd /pub; more beer;

OK, OK, time to find a drysuit and enclosed lock on helment. OH, I won't forget the gloves, the ones like the helment that lock on. Bet you won't freeze your Amazon bod then!

Starting to look for quarters in the couch now...

J
Arch? I can arch just fine with my back to the ground.

I have been a SCUBA Diver since I was 12... BUT.. no way am I diving in this cold ass shit up here( It gets to about 52 degrees in the Puget Sound)

Some of the best diving I ever did was in the underwater park by the Edmonds Ferry. Cousteau said it was one of the best man-made underwater parks in the world. I did all that wearing a 6 mil wetsuit. By the time I got it on, I was burning up. I learned in the Keys and thought the same thing until I tried it.

Edmonds, reminds me of why I bought my compass. I was positive I was heading north, but for some reason the ferry was becoming louder. A compass is useful, so very useful. And the surface is not always your friend.

How about we try our hand at slipping Amazon into a nice thick wetsuit and throwing her in the Sound. Maybe a few drinks before attempting to slip her into a thick wetsuit would allow us to escape with only major bruising?

Just kidding:D:D:D

J
Arch? I can arch just fine with my back to the ground.

I'm PADI Open Water Certified...I was almost Advanced, and wanted to start Nitrox, but didn't get a chance before I left Florida. I still have the book and DVD too..

Hrm....we should do Advanced together....like maybe on our honeymoon. :$:D

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I'm PADI Open Water Certified...I was almost Advanced, and wanted to start Nitrox, but didn't get a chance before I left Florida. I still have the book and DVD too..

Hrm....we should do Advanced together....like maybe on our honeymoon. :$:D

Can we bring vanilla ice cream?:D:)
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

I have my PADI advanced open water since 96 and been scuba diving since 93. When you have freinds with boats that work at dive shops you don't really need the certification. The reason I finally got the certifications was because it was so cheap through my college at the time.
Funny thing is all my diving gear is Metric because I bought in in Milan and a freind of mine from Milan has all his diving equipment standard because he bought it in Jersey. What sucks is I don't fit into any of my wetsuits and probably never will again.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

I am thinking about learning how to SCUBA dive, can anyone talk to me about the cost, time, cost of gear, buy or rent. A good place to go in ATL to get certified? I am clueless, one of my whuffo friends wants to do this and I think that it will be a good time.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

We are starting the Open water training next weekend. I can't wait. That’s the other thing I wanted to do since I was a kid.

The only thing left now is driving a F1 car...............don't think that will happen.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

PADI open water certified... a grand total of 17 dives :$:D

but i've been to 100' down. cmon for a 17 dive wonder thats pretty impressive.

My first time ever with only 10 minutes of training imediately before, I went down 75 feet. Anybody who thinks SCUBA is even remotely close to as dangerous / challenging as skydiving has probably not really thought it through.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

SSI open water.
I am planning on getting all my gear together, next month, piece at a time, etc.
I boat dive in California, Channel Islands mostly, Catalina Island once and a few local beaches (beach dives). Also, did 1 wreck dive, that was different.
Never did a night dive, but I get better lobster at the store! haha
Beach dives really wear me out! Got to be in good shape! Except the beach dive a Catalina (easy and beautiful !)
Have fun in the class, and don't hold your breath!