GARYC24

Breaker, breaker any CB'ers?

I had one in my VW and I have one in my truck. Great for long trips, but useless otherwise. You do get a really good laugh at the advertisements on the CB when driving through El Paso, though.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

When I was driving for a living yea. Before that I had one just for fun. When you have to hear that shit day in and day our for weeks on end.
meh.
I could care less, its just useless drivel. Sometimes entertaining.

I had a Presedente and linear amp, with the right whips I could reach out and touch someone, turn the touch lamps on/off, and pretty much walk all over anyone for miles. but Ive taken it in for its last repair, and I doubt i'll get one again anytime soon.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

You do get a really good laugh at the advertisements on the CB when driving through El Paso, though.

Did you go to Papa Smurf or the Cadillac man? I used to diver semi's and have been through there a few times.B|
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I don't leave home without one, either in the car or in my KWhopper;)
Yes, they are of more use on trips than around town but they can be better than a radar/laser detector even in town since you know where the bears are before your detector is in range.
I've been running a barefoot, peaked & tweaked Cobra 29 LTD/WX/ST for 9yrs with no problems.
But remember a radio is only as good as it's antenna, so buy a good Wilson or Striker; I wouldn't mount any other brand. And make sure you properly mount, ground, match & set the SWR's.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

You do get a really good laugh at the advertisements on the CB when driving through El Paso, though.

Did you go to Papa Smurf or the Cadillac man? I used to diver semi's and have been through there a few times.B|

Ah Hell! You can hear Papa smurf on the skip all over the US when it's really skipping.
I love straight out atagonizing the Lot Lizards at truckstops when they get on the CB advertising, I hate Lizards with a passion:P>:(

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

I had a Presedente and linear amp, with the right whips I could reach out and touch someone, turn the touch lamps on/off, and pretty much walk all over anyone for miles.

Have you considered getting your amateur radio license instead of running an illegal amplifier? It's fairly simple to get, and once you upgrade to general class you can talk all over the world with 50 watts on 14 MHz.

And don't think I'm preaching - my interest in amateur radio started with a SSBCB radio and 500W linear.

Zipp0

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.