JWB

Tear Drop closing loop

Maybe one of you out there can help me find instructions on how to build a Cypress closing loop for a Tear Drop rig. I have down loaded and read the owners manual, nothing about how to build it there.

Any advice would be well appreaciated.

Thanks
JWB

I never found out the factory way either; they aren't always very responsive to questions.

One thing I've done is just to use the same principles as building a loop for a Reflex. (That's not in the manual either but there does exist a printed sheet showing construction details. Not sure offhand if it is on parachutemanuals.com.)

I also have notes from a dz.com post by someone who had contacted TSE about the Teardrop. The loop was to be built 2" from washer to finger trap, with a 1.5" long fingertrapped section. (I haven't checked the numbers out, but 1.5" is the same as used on the Reflex.)

Better answers welcome.

I suggest making a normal non-adjustable fixed length loop

Also adding a aluminum (1"x2") cover held in place by gaffer tape to protect the exposed loop

I had a reserve ride at 16000' on exit when the door frame hit the "exposed" single strength loop area
causing it to break

My team leader told me to make it not happen again[email]

A single length non-adjustable normal loop? Maybe that could be done with a lot of experimenting. I got a detailed instruction sheet from AirtecKai and that worked. Thanks.

How did the door frame hit the exposed part if it was in the channel? Just an unlucky good shot? Did you find someone to do CReW with? Ha-Ha.

How did the door frame hit the exposed part if it was in the channel? Just an unlucky good shot?

There have been at least 2 incidents over the last few years here in the UK that I know of where someone has caught their Teardrop poptop on the door on exit. One broke the loop and resulted in a reserve ride from 13K, the other didn't deploy the reserve but subsequent examination on the ground revealed the impact had bent the reserve pin.