fmmobley

A comment on L & B Customer Service

I bought an Alti-Track, opened the box and realized the wrist strap is way too long.

4:20 ... I sent an email to L & B Cust Service inquiring about a shorter wrist strap.

5:25 ... I received an email from Mads Larsen stating that they would send me a shorter, free strap and it would go out the next day !!!

No wonder Larsen & Brusgaard have so many loyal customers.
... Marion

I just sent them an email about the optima I had for one jump

I had it with protector got a little wet on a pond swoop it died

protrack and neptune lived

We shall see what they do for me

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

The original wrist strap works great when it is winter out and you have a bulky suit and gloves on. I just pinch the excess up in the middle

__||__
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

L&B simply has the best customer service anywhere I've experienced. Have had a couple products that have needed parts, repair, or replacement. In all cases, they've been immediate and super to deal with.

I need to test it myself too... if I can stop being lazy and send an email. I purchased a new VISO that came out of the package with a cracked back cover. I am pretty confident that they will be a pleasure to deal with.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I say good for you.

I must have done something wrong as when I emailed them twice I never received a response back.

It did make me just try harder and everything worked out, so maybe they just figured I needed to learn myself.

I hear nothing but good things about them.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Same here, I wrote 2 Emails because my Jump Track program is not working correctly...
No answer...

I've sent e-mails with just requests for info, and they replied quickly and with every bit of info I asked for and then some, and some recommendations (they figured out a few things based on my request). It was super friendly and supportive.

It was a bit late. But they explained why - the addressee was on travel and wasn't able to respond until he got to his account.

wait, they really do seem pretty responsive

Jump Track is also a bit tricky, do you have the latest revision for your operating system?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Maybe I have to rethink my opinion of them.

In all honesty, with all the massively awesome things I hear about them, a small thing like a wrist strap may seem like a big failing. Hopefully it was a genuine mistake, or maybe the post office flubbed it...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I also have had a great experience with them. My optima developed a crack on the lens that has quickly spread. The unit is maybe 5 months old and has always been inside my helmet.

They are claiming it as a defect and replacing it. Kudos to these guys and I absolutely love my Optima.

I also have had a great experience with them. My optima developed a crack on the lens that has quickly spread. The unit is maybe 5 months old and has always been inside my helmet.

They are claiming it as a defect and replacing it. Kudos to these guys and I absolutely love my Optima.

This is good to know. I thought somehow I had put pressure on it in my helmet. I thought weird dunno how that happened. Looks like I'll be contacting them cause I have the same dang crack.

edit: email sent today 2 seconds ago.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

This is good to know. I thought somehow I had put pressure on it in my helmet. I thought weird dunno how that happened. Looks like I'll be contacting them cause I have the same dang crack.

edit: email sent today 2 seconds ago.

My Optima has developed a crack on the lens as well. I have a somewhat tight fitting helmet, so I thought the EXACT same thing. Good to know it wasn't might large melon that cracked it. I guess I'll be contacting them as well.
How can I be so thirsty when I drank so much last night?

That looks a LOT like my optima crack!

Mine started on the lens and eventually the case cracked last over time. I thought that it was really odd that this happened because at face value, it looks like an abused unit. Glad that I was not the only person that this happened to.

Below is my correspondence with L&B:

Hello George,

The crack is due to a problem with the molding and we are working with the supplier to rectify it.

One new Optima is in the mail to you today.

Best regards,

Mads Larsen

LARSEN & BRUSGAARD

Mosevej 3

4070 Kirke Hyllinge

DENMARK

Phone +45 4648 2480

Fax: +45 4648 2490

[email protected]

www.L-and-B.dk

Thanks for the information. I just emailed them about this problem this morning. I hadn't contacted them before, because, as I wrote earlier, I thought I had cracked it. The optima still works, but the crack has been increasing in size. Anyway, I hope they'll replace mine too.

if you want to spend $1.80 and send it to them with a nice letter stating your issue and wrap the item in bubble wrap and send it to them via mail it will get handled a lot quicker I have found.

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

I had a white protrack (only one I have ever seen) that pretty much started to crumble and fall apart from cracks that had formed all over it until it just quit working. It stayed in my Z1 all the time so I wasn't ruff with it.

I sent them an email with pics explaining the problem and they asked me to send it back. Less than 2 weeks later I get a brand new (black) protrack with two extra sets of batteries. L & B has my loyalty despite there high prices.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

L&B has the best customer service I have ever experienced. They always give you the benefit of the doubt. That service has led me to buy nearly every product that they have ever made from the original Dytter to the Alti-Track. You just cannot go wrong buying an L&B product. look at all the problems the Alti-2 Neptune has experienced. You never see a grossly premature product release from L&B. If they make it, it will work. If it doesn't, they will rectify the problem, and almost always for free regardless of warranty expiration.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

if you want to spend $1.80 and send it to them with a nice letter stating your issue and wrap the item in bubble wrap and send it to them via mail it will get handled a lot quicker I have found.

Dave

Thank you for the suggestion. I already got a reply from them though. They asked me to ship the altimeter to them, and explained that any repairs they make would be free of charge!

The Optima is the only device I've bought from them (so far), but with customer service this impressive, I think they've just got another loyal customer.