dreamsville

Music that we think of before / after jumping

Basement Jaxx - Red Alert.. it's my skydiving pump up song. I listen to it when I'm getting close to the DZ and my nerves are kicking in..

"Red Alert! Red Alert! It's a catastrophe!
But don't worry! Don't panic!"

No shit your nerves are getting up :P

Basement Jaxx - Red Alert.. it's my skydiving pump up song. I listen to it when I'm getting close to the DZ and my nerves are kicking in..

"Red Alert! Red Alert! It's a catastrophe!
But don't worry! Don't panic!"

No shit your nerves are getting up :P

Hahahahaha I never thought of that.:D:D:D

I guess I always looked at these lines:

"It's alright, don't panic.
And the music keeps on playing on and on.."

And intepreted it as they came across this scary event but instead of panicking they just took it into stride and had fun with it. After all it's such a fun song! I can't not dance to it whenever I hear it! I guess that's what skydiving is like for me- scary but such a blast! :D:P:)

I spent all day last saturday humming/singing the song "Enormous Penis" by the group Da Vinci's Notebook mostly because its a fun song... and I was having fun all day... :D

so it made perfect sense to me to use it on the RW videos I Shot over the weekend..

http://www.scottgunshell.com/Vids/03june06.wmv

a lot of different music makes me think of jumping... :)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

My AFF Level 1 jump was from the caravan at Langar, which has music. The song "someday we're gonna get so high" by The Lighthouse Family is burned into my brain from that jump. Now though, I listen to pump up music on the way to the DZ (Greenday, Chilli's etc) and Radio 3 or Classic FM on the way back. I'm in a dream zone then.

on the ride up it's usually what i listened to driving to the dz. which has lately been- pendulum, buckethead, john 5 or mastery.

when i go out the door it's the "alive" part of tool's parabola.

the other day i was at a gas station and they had that "walking on the sun" song playing on the over head speakers. thus resulting in instant and total recall of my first jump as that tune is on my video.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Ha Ha. There's a DZ near my house whose website continually plays the "MUSAK" version of "Jump". I go to it all the time just to laugh at it.

As for me--I'm a TOOL girl all the way. If you don't have it yet, check out the new album "10,000 Days". Its righteous. Very jumpable.
PMS#529

Ugh... Any songs other than

-Freefalling by Tom Petty (THE most cliched skydiving song EVER)

-Danger Zone (not sure who this one is by...another cliche skydiving song)

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Parallel Universe usually reminds me of skydiving. There is a freefly video on Google with that song in it. I find most RHCP songs go well with skydiving.

My friend got a video of his tandem and they used Never Gonna Stop by White Zombie. Not bad.

any song thats ive used in any vid i made

chck this song for example...it may quite be the best skydiving video song i ever heard

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=3984

other then tha ti listen to mainly hip hop and i cant seem to find any hip hop track that i would want to put in one of my vids...so i use mostly guitar rock stuff

but i am theself proclaimed king of skydiving video music
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

Let's Get Retarded - Black Eyed Peas... very fitting for what we do ;)

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=3809&string=just%20the%20beginning

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

I am curious about what kinds of music people tie to their jumping experience.

When getting ready to exit, Talking Heads, "Life During Wartime", in particular the lyric "This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no foolin' around!"

Last summer the DZ staff had a lot of Jack Johnson music playing on the stereo in the hangar, and that's the only place I've heard most of his songs, so I associate his music with jumping.

Then there's "1-6-3-2-5-4" as sung by O-470. Some people would argue that it's not really "music" or that it's just a percussion solo but I think it sounds pretty good. :)

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.