Mike111

celebrating your anniversary...

I've got a couple of cool gifts in the works. One for fun, one for real and we're going back to the place we spent our wedding weekend at. Someday we'll go back to where our honeymoon was at too. Hopefully with a LOT more money so we can fly in the tunnel, though.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

We rarely do anything other than go out to dinner. But this year I got row 17 tickets for Tool :)

Smoking is a combination test for intelligence and resistance to marketing/peer pressure. All smokers have failed at least one of these.

Whats the difference between a "wedding weekend" & a honeymoon?

All I could get off was the weekend, so we got married on a Friday and spent the weekend together. We traveled to Eloy for a week long honeymoon, a real honeymoon trip, since we only had a weekend after the wedding.

And here I thought you were a rich man...

HA! I work for a city, rich and my job don't go together. Unless you count job satisfaction.

As for Anniversary celebrating, I'm still stuck on what "real" gift to get. The 1 year is supposed to be paper, right? I'm not sure about that. Maybe I could buy her a nice handgun she likes.

Nope, if it is the paper anniversary you need to get her the 500 pack of silhouette targets

Or maybe a single target (I don't like the silhouette ones unless you're in law enforcement), and a gun to go with them...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Maybe I could buy her a nice handgun she likes.

Great idea...I'm looking at the Glock 27. Nice size for small hands. ;)

This is the one my hubs got me for my birthday. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. And after looking at quite a few, it seemed to be the perfect fit for my midget hands. However, if she already has one picked out, get her what SHE wants and not what YOU think she should have. ;)

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

10th: Took her to the finest restaurant in Anchorage, I had the waiter put a 2 carat ring in a dessert plate for her.

25th: I played softball (never do that!! - she showed up at the game in her wedding dress and a TV reporter)

30th: I took her to Cancun on an all inclusive weekat the Omni! Lived like the Kennedys for 7 days!

Other anniversaries: Usually a nice present and a nice meal.

steveOrino

I'm looking at the Glock 27.

Very nice but I really wouldn't sugest it for the average person to carry concealed. Fine for a pro that carries in a holster but the lack of safety features would concern me for the average person. I'd go with something Double/Single Action with a decocking leaver. SO much safer!

25th: I played softball (never do that!! - she showed up at the game in her wedding dress and a TV reporter)

That sounds like a story....especially if she was IN the TV reporter....

;)

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

This is the one my hubs got me for my birthday. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. And after looking at quite a few, it seemed to be the perfect fit for my midget hands. However, if she already has one picked out, get her what SHE wants and not what YOU think she should have. Wink

Very nice...;)

That sounds like a story....especially if she was IN the TV reporter....

She set me up -- she said I could play (it was a Thursday) and we'd go out on Friday night. Then she called the Channel 6 news in Tulsa and asked if it was newsworthy that a woman would show up at her husband's softball game on her 25th wedding anniversary in her wedding dress. They asked if it was her original wedding dress, and she said yes. They said THAT in itself was enough of a news story. ;)

steveOrino