vinnyware

newbie learning to pack

hello there, i have searched this forum for hours now, and evey link leading to a tutoria on how to propack is dead,

i have the PD manual taht came with my saber2 190, but i dont ket a couple of points.

is there a video or a good guide out there for me to follow?? i have learnt to flat pack already, just want to pro pack now.

thanks all

I"m a newbie myself so i won't give you any advice on propacking except this. Go to your DZ and speak with an instructor or a well experienced jumper. I'm sure they'll gladly teach you to propack. Information about packing which is an activity that requires accurate physical movements cannot be well conveyed in text or images over the internet best way to learn is from an instructor at your DZ do a few packs with him/her and u should be fine. But if anyone does have good info for you on here i'll probably read it as well lol. Just won't let it supplement physical training and knowledge from an instructor.

Hey Vinny,

Langar is a very friendly DZ - make use of some of the crap weather days we are having at the moment and ask someone there to show you. As the guy above said, its something which is quite difficult to describe.

There are videos / DVDs on sale (pack like a pro or some such) but nothing beats someone showing you and then correcting your mistakes as you do it again, and again, and again! :P:)

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Hello Vinny,

I just got done producing a packing video for one of the jumpers on this forum. It's called Packing Made Simple. Here is the website: www.Packing-Made-Simple.com . It is NTSC format, but it is region coded to play in any country in the world. About 60 copies have been sold to jumpers all around the world, with very good reviews. It explains PRO packing, flat packing, psycho packing, and has several sections explaining (using 3D graphical animations) some of the most basic gear and how it works.

you think main packing is difficult???
try packing the reserve.....

and any riggers out there,, how many reserve pack job did you do until you felt comfortable with many diffrent reserve and containers out there??
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

hello there, i have searched this forum for hours now, and evey link leading to a tutoria on how to propack is dead,

i have the PD manual taht came with my saber2 190, but i dont ket a couple of points.

is there a video or a good guide out there for me to follow?? i have learnt to flat pack already, just want to pro pack now.

thanks all

why dont you go and spend some time hanging out and chatting on the packing mat. watch what they do, ask them to explain their steps. wait till you get to packing reserves. if you do. mucho sweat involved.:ph34r:
Step into my (sub)terminal Playground

you think main packing is difficult???
try packing the reserve.....

and any riggers out there,, how many reserve pack job did you do until you felt comfortable with many diffrent reserve and containers out there??

I have to agree with you there. Packing reserves is intense. I am a new rigger and I recently did a PD 106 in a Talon T0 i think i had it in and out about 5 times before I finally got it to how i like it.

The Sky's not the limit, the ground is. Fear Nothing, Regret Less.

Pack like a Pro. By Billy Weber. You can find this at www.para-gear.com. $19.99. It helped me alot when I first started packing. You can also get help and pointers from other folks at your DZ. But it seems as everybody has their own tricks. You will have to find what works for you.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

Books and video aren't going to hurt, but as has been said, your best bet is just to get to the DZ and hook up with somebody who's willing to teach you (this will be easier if you show up with alcohol)

When you start asking, you're going to be shown a lot of different techniques, of which all are probably good, it's just that different people have different ways of doing things. Once you find the way that works best for you, stick with it and practice. Good luck.
I got nuthin

When I was going for my Senior ticket, my instructor told me; "If, you ain't sweatin', you ain't riggin!" I wear a head-band in warmer months.:D
In regard to B.A.S.E. packing, it was from B.A.S.E. jumpers that the pro-pack method for reserves on sport rigs was developed. I found that to be pretty interesting.

Chuck

hey guys, thanks for the advice, i can appreciate going to the drop zone on a rainy day, but its 150 miles away (156 to be correct) and to travel all that way for a rainy day to me is a pain in the arse, so seeing as i had my new rig sitting helplessly on the ground, thought id try pro packing at home during the evening whilst the missis watches the soaps.

i have nearly completed a flat packing course, but no way will my new saber 2 stay still!

thanks for you help, will take a look at some of thoes dvds you reccommended

vinny