swedishcelt

car alarm question

My first day of my summer class is tomorrow and my car alarm won't stop going off!! It's a 2005 Hyundai Elantra.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help?
This is what I've done so far. B|

1. opened and closed each door and the trunk
2. taken it for a short drive
3. reparked it in a different angle
4. checked user's manual; mine says nothing about this except call a service person
5. tried popping the battery out of the keyring thingy.

I'm exhausted, someone help if you have an idea. :(

Factory or After market alarm?

is it sounding the horn, a siren or both?

If its driving then it doesnt have a starter lockout. So all your really dealing with is the noise. Its a siren only, find it, and cut the wires to it. Have the alarm processor removed or replaced at your convience. ;)

If its factory, you *MAY* be able to find and pull a fuse for the alarm. Look at the fuse panel diagram, google it, etc... the horn is probably buried somewhere that is a pain to get to.

You can also remove the NEGATIVE battery lead and just walk away. Will need a small wrench for that, pliers may work in a pinch. Just reinstall battery lead to drive.... might also fix the problem (probably not)... I had the same thing happen to me once too...

good luck

It's covered under the warrantee but until tomorrow I can't sleep and I am REALLY starting to piss of my nice new neighbors. B|

If all else fails, pop the hood and disconnect the battery. That should shut it up in the short term.

Edit:: What Derek said...

|>.<|
Seriously, W.T.F. mate?

Just get under the hood and pull the fuse for the stupid alarm. Car alarms are about freak'n worthless anyways. All they do is annoy every single person within 1000ft of the car and it doesn't really stop people from breaking in and stealing stuff, your stereo or you car.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Car alarms are about freak'n worthless anyways. All they do is annoy every single person within 1000ft of the car and it doesn't really stop people from breaking in and stealing stuff, your stereo or you car.

I disagree. Here in seattle Honda theft is a HUGE problem. I own 3 honda's, have owned them for atleast 6 years and have never had a problem with any of them. Pretty much everyone of my friends that have owned honda's have had them stolen or broken into. The only difference is my alarm.

Car alarms scare off the wanna-be criminals. It wont protect your car from someone who really wants it, but it will prevent these pre-pubescent high school lackeys from bothering you.

It sounds like the alarm in question has a faulty trigger. Take it in and have it fixed to both prevent the annoyance and protect your car.

I own 3 honda's, have owned them for atleast 6 years and have never had a problem with any of them. Pretty much everyone of my friends that have owned honda's have had them stolen or broken into.

I'm glad you've been lucky. All it is, is luck.

Car alarms; every car has one, noone pays attention to them.

Exactly.

All they are good for is the 20% discount off your insurance.

That's the point, really. As long as that comes out saving you money over the cost of the install (and the annoyance of having to go to your car at 3am to turn it off), then good for you.:)