DSE

Talon FX

Rec'd my Talon FX a few days ago, damn...can't say enough good about this rig. I also own a Talon FS, sized about the same. The two rigs couldn't feel much more different. The padding, the cut, the different angle...all add up to a super comfortable container, even on those 110 degree days. Open nicely, packs easily.
Thanks to Brenda, Sandy, Gordon, and the rest of the gang at Rigging Innovations for the awesome craftsmanship, attention to details, the custom work...I'm very happy with this new rig.

Price was south of 3K, with every option available.
Stainless, backpad, custom tyedye, custom embroidery, cutaway. I'd have to look at the invoice for exact $$, and it's not within reach.
Sandy measured me for the rig himself, and damned if it doesn't fit like he did. I bought my other Talon as a used container, and it's .5" different than this one.

Sound like the price was way more than reasonable!
I'm not very fond of most ti-dye rigs,but I like the way you had yours done.Most of the time the whole rig is done in tie-dye,the way you have the riser covers and main side flaps break up the side and resrve flaps make it look greatB|
Bry

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Thx, I like the colors as well, although I was a little nervous about putting tyedye with solid colors. Brenda Reid at RI was great about color help with "you sure you want to mix this color with that one?" She has a great sense for design, and walked me through all of the embroidery colors, piping colors, etc. She also convinced me that putting tyedye on the legstraps was a better idea than solid blue, simply because tyedye helps hide the dirt from less than optimal landings.
One thing I love on the FX vs the Voodoo and Talon I've been jumping, the lateral cut is very comfortable, which surprised me.

Ya, I noticed the legstraps also,which I never seen.Thought it looked cool,never even gave a thought about the dirt thing.
I never had any dealing with RI,but it sound like a outstanding co.
From what you've told me RI is very customer satsfaction orientated. Hard to find these days:)Bry

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Gordo or one of the folks from RI would probably have a bigger list, but the FX is kinda like the best of a Voodoo and FS put together.
The yoke is significantly narrower, so it rides more on the collarbone vs the shoulder (LOVE this for openings), the riser cover and main container flaps are one piece, it's narrower and rides higher on the back so it's more comfortable when bent over or sitting down on a bench seat, faster to close (not sure why), and the overall profile is much more streamlined. There are other differences, but these are the ones that come to mind immediately.
I'm ordering another one and will sell my FS now that I've worn this one for a couple of weeks. FS is a nice container, I've owned an FS, Vector, an old Eclipse (which was very comfortable too), and been jumping a Voodoo V4 while waiting for my FX to arrive. Of all of em', this new FX is sweet. BTW, the backpad on those 100+ days? Well worth the small cost. It breathes nicely.

BTW,I think you should have waited for a while before you purchased new. I used to tell my students to try out alot of gear before they decide what to get. The only reason I brought this up is I noticed you on have 1 jump and only have a "c" liscense;)
Bry

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Gordo

I havent seen that fool at the DZ is a while!

Thanks.

PS: Gordo, tiome to update the website... I couldnt find any info on the FX there ;)

You just gotta look harder;)
Gordo hasn't been around cuz he's been too busy building my FX!

Gordo

I havent seen that fool at the DZ is a while!

Thanks.

PS: Gordo, tiome to update the website... I couldnt find any info on the FX there ;)

You just gotta look harder;)
Gordo hasn't been around cuz he's been too busy building my FX!

Between work, my bike and team training, I haven't been out much. I'm gonna be out for the Divewerkz scrambles saturday.
Glad you like your rig Doug, we're ready to build a few more.

I tried to look up the Talon FX on the rigging innovations website and there was no information at all about it. I remeber watching the short clip about it that you uploaded to youtube from the PIA. is there any further information about the differences etc?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

You know...there was a link (I thought) in the upper right corner of their website. I guess I imagined it, because that's where I linked to as well, and it's obviously wrong.
Perhaps Gordo can share the more specifics. If you'd like more pix, I can post em. I didn't want to appear to be bragging too much.:P
It was a PIA I first tried it on, and damn, it felt good, so I ordered one on the spot, and so did another guy that was there with me. It took longer than normal, because RI hadn't worked out all the size templates yet, but from what I'm told, that is all done now (Should be, because mine is one of the larger sizes).

I'd like to add that I have just tried one on at Eden North DZ and was amazed by the comfort of that rig! It wasn't measured for me obviously but I'm about the same body size with the guy who owns it. Couldn't be more impressed with the fit and workmanship.

I've jumped a mirage G3 for fun and a Talon for work and was planning on downsizing with a new mirage but this fx rig is something else... I'm sold. They will see my order this week, I don't care how long it takes. Great job RI!
Somewhere, someone is training when you are not. When you race him, you will loose.