skydemon2

blood type

B+ RH neg

Bobbi

That kinda confuses me. The ABO type is A, B, AB or O. The second component is the Rh stauts which is either + or - (also known as D antigen; and can also be a weak positive which is still considered a positive.)

Mine is O+, CMV neg so I try to donate as often as possible. (so I have an exucse for the track marks :P)

Maybe she meant CMV-.

Because yes, it'd be difficult to be Rh + and - simultaneously.

Although, since I have no idea what CMV is, maybe you can't be Rh + and CMV - either. :D

All I know is, I got a letter from the Red Cross asking me to donate more, because my blood is good for infants. Perhaps that means I'm also CMV-?

If you really are O- you should donate, since you are the universal donor.

I was going to say that , I can finaly donate again they dont alow donations if you have had a tatoo in the past year :S

I'm O-
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

Maybe she meant CMV-.

All I know is, I got a letter from the Red Cross asking me to donate more, because my blood is good for infants. Perhaps that means I'm also CMV-?

CMV stands for cytomegalovirus. A common virus that many get (especially those that are around young children a lot)... but it can be very bad for young babes. So they (the NICU types) always seem to want CMV neg to protect the lil ones

Unless you lived in Enland for a few years, and then the Red Cross doesnt seem to like your blood...

My wife, who is English, used to donate blood religously. No, she's under a 10 year ban (or something like that) due to fear of Mad Cow disease.
We are all engines of karma