fr33flyr

swoop armor?

I recently saw an ad for mirage that metioned swoop armor but I can't find any additional info anywhere. Does anyone no what this is? A new container material, new clothing line, ??????

I recently saw an ad for mirage that metioned swoop armor but I can't find any additional info anywhere. Does anyone no what this is? A new container material, new clothing line, ??????

The swoop armor option is a 1680 denier ballistic cloth sleeve with spacer foam to the inside that slides over your leg pads to protect them. We did it for some people here some 2 or 3 years ago and are now offering it again.

Jeff

I'd imagine you could find both from Mirage, as they're the only rigs that have it that I know of, but I could be wrong. I'll try to take some pics of the ones I know if this weekend.
God made firefighters so paramedics would have heroes...and someone can put out the trailer fires.

Fr33flyr,

I made a set of these a couple of years back, when I started to swoop. Since then, I have made them for a couple of people that saw mine, and wanted a set of their own. They are made out of 1000 denier cordura in your color choice with a closed cell padding sandwiched inbetween the layers, to prevent water retention. They are closed by extremely tough velcro as you don't want them to come off in a rough landing. The covers are also wrapped in your color choice of piping for a nice finish. I have competed for the last 2 years with these on, and there is damn near no wear on them at all, and better yet.....my leg straps are still spankin new! Now, am I looking to turn our a shitload of these? Not really, but if you are really needing, or wanting a set, as I haven't made any in a while, I would be willing to take some pics and show you what they look like if you are interested.

B.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

Hello All,
Swoop armor is a term that we use for 1680 Denier Ballistic cloth that can be used on our rigs. It comes in only black and we are making slip on leg pads out of them. These leg pads are made up of the 1680 denier ballistic cloth and have spacer foam padding on the inside. I am posting some pics of them for you to see the material and the swoop armor leg pads. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at [email protected]

thanks
ward

I have seen these first hand at Skyfest. They are top of the line as is all of Mirage's products. I tried them on and was amazed on the comfort (like having pillows under your leg straps) I wish I could have jumped with them (didn't jump recovering from ACL surgery).

OOh and Ward it the shit. He let our Louisiana crew hang with him under his tent and partied with us when the beer light came on. We are definitely in the works on having a Mirage weekend at our DZ.

Ward look forward to seeing you in the future.

Corey

Anyone interested in these slip on leg pad covers for an existing rig should first make sure you can unthread your leg straps. Some rigs with the DJSSA stainless leg adjusters won’t allow the dead-end to pass without removing the harness stitching.

Some 2 or 3 years ago I redesigned the Mirage dead ends to pass through the DJSSA hardware for this very purpose. This works well on most Mirage harness types but not all.

It would really suck to order some, then find out you can’t put them on after you get them.

Jeff