freefalle

My Mother ROCKS

I just want to share how proud I am of my mother. My mom is 68 years old. She has been through a world of shit in her time, but no matter how bad its been she has kept her head up, always been positive and has overcome things in an unbelieveable manner. She is one of the most unselfish people you will have ever met. She has been married to the same man for almost 50 years, when they found out the couldn't have children, over the span of 6 years they adopted four children from four different families. She always put the need of others before herself and did her best to raise myself and my brothers and sisters right. She has stood by her family 100% through alot of tough times, she stood by me through alot.

A few months ago, my mom was diagnoised with throat cancer, her response was, "well okay, lets see how this radation stuff works out" she just completed her last treatment today. She went every single day for 8 weeks, and not once did she bitch moan or complain. when she was asked how she was feeling she said Im good, Im just tired. I am so proud of my mom, because I know what she went through, and I am so proud of her for not giving up. My mother is an awsome person who I have so my respect for.

Her battle is not over yet, she goes back in a couple of weeks to find out if the treatment was effective, and to discuss the treatment for the lung cancer which she was diagnosed with. No matter what the outcome of this is, I am honored to be her son and I am a better man because of her.

As a Big C survivor, I'll say this much. You can think you know what she went through, but if ya' haven't been on that side of the radiation treatments, one really doesn't know. They only know what the person allows them to see. I'm betting she went through more hell than she let on and for this, you have every right to be proud of her. From what you've said, you mom seems to have been a pretty good person. God bless her, her family and friends and know that she and her's will be in my prayers.

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

That's a great lady right there. My very best wishes to her and you and your family during these tough times.

When things like this happen, the only thing you can really control is your reaction, attitude and outlook. Sounds like she's got that nailed down and has passed the wisdom on...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?