Girlfalldown

How much oxegen does a cat require?

So I'm kitten-sitting for Chopchop and his plaything and the longer it goes on the more I realize I had no idea what I was in for.

This little kitten stays up all night long chasing shadows and fighting invisible demons. Then it starts to fall asleep and all of a sudden a stench like no other permeates the room from it's little butt. I really don't understand how such a foulness can come out of that little 2 pound critter. It's like he's eating rotting flesh or something.

Anyway it's jumped from the second floor to the first floor twice now and somehow managed to survive and now it's made a little dirt path going from one of our plants to the floor to the chair to the window sill to floor and back to the plant again so we have dirt all over our kitchen floor in a big circle.

I can't pet the damn thing cause it thinks my hand is a threat and attacks it with his super sharp baby teeth. I have scratches all over me.

He insists on coming into the bathroom with me when I shower then he sits in front of the glass doors and attacks the drops of water coming down almost bashing his brains in on the glass. Then he cries and wants to take a shower with me.
When I get out he instantly attacks my legs as I try to get ready for work. I've stepped on him at least 10 times and he just keeps attacking me.

Last night I taped all 4 of his paws with scotch tape and made him stay downstairs on the wood floor but after 5 hours of frantically slipping all over the place he managed to get the tape off and come back to my door and whine until I let him in my room. Then he proceeded to attack my face while I tried to sleep. He runs from one side of the room, over the top of my bed and me then to the other side, attacks some thing and comes back to my face and bite my head at which point he farts again. >:(

Anyway, here's my question. Approximately how much oxygen does a 2 pound kitty require? For example, would a large shoe box have enough air in it to keep him alive till like 5 PM today? I don't want to punch holes in it since I like the box. Please answer ASAP!

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Buy one of those travelmate boxes for the cat, so you can lock it up safely for now, and then sell it (for a premium of course) to Chipchop and his plaything when they come back.

Solves all the problems, the cat won't run all over you in the middle of the night, and next time they go out of town they can take that little fart machine with them B|

Iwan

It depends on the temperature. If, for example, you want to put the shoebox in the refrigerator, the kitten's oxygen demands are increased, due to the necessity of an increased metabolism for warmth. The refrigerator should have enough air if you punch holes in the box to last an hour or so. Kitty water demands are also higher, though not by much.:ph34r:

If, on the other hand, you wish to put the kitty in the box in direct sun, less oxygen is needed (though circulation and water should be there so kitty doesn't shrivel and overheat).[:/]

Both techniques are good for tiring out kitty, though. It'll be exhausted after a few hours of solitary.B|

As far as the shoebox, it wouldn't have enough air to last for a few hours. You may think about tossing kitty in the bottom of the washing machine with the lid open. Any foulness left behind can be easily removed. :P

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Nah - Velcro and bungee cords.

As for the O2 . . . Why bother just kill a kitty and get it over with .

Or . . . A collander duct taped to a large boiling pot should be ok - but set a fan in front of it. ONLY DO THIS if you don't wish to kill a kitty.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Buy one of those travelmate boxes for the cat, so you can lock it up safely for now, and then sell it (for a premium of course) to Chipchop and his plaything when they come back.
B|

Iwan

I don't think the little rascal will make it to their return..

--------------

B|

Iwan

I don't think the little rascal will make it to their return..

are you standing in front of him with that little finger?
"If you dare to fart once more kitty.. YO ASS is DEAD"
Comprendez?

You are so cruel. I can NOT believe you would do these things. If you can't take care of a kitty entrusted to your care, you should not have undertaken the responsibility!

I hope someone calls out the SPCA on you.

You probably threw the cat off the second story.>:(

You are so cruel. I can NOT believe you would do these things. If you can't take care of a kitty entrusted to your care, you should not have undertaken the responsibility!

I hope someone calls out the SPCA on you.

You probably threw the cat off the second story.>:(

Tonight I'm going to give him a glad trash bag to play with...

--------------

Maybe try positive reinforcement and give the kitty a treat. It says on this bottle of antifreeze here to keep it away from pets because they like the taste. I guess they don't want you to waste all your antifreeze by giving it to them as a treat, but I say spoil it.

What, are you gonna throw him in your pool?!

Animal cruelty is not a laughing matter. The thing that pisses me off the most is the scotch tape thing. I have seen kitties that had almost chewed off their paws in order to get tape off themselves.

I wish someone would tape your hands and feet up, see how YOU like it.