meistwer

What's wrong witrh the driving in Britain?

just for being over the limit for 2 miles I will loose my licence.[:/]...

drive 2mph slower, or don't get busted :|

I agree. On a 30 mile trip, driving 75mph instead of 70 saves you less than 2 minutes, and that's only if you can maintain that speed the entire way. (On a 5 mile trip the savings in time is 20 seconds). If you have to slow down for traffic lights, roundabouts, construction, congestion etc., you save even less time. Why not just start out 2 minutes earlier?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

For sure dude, I always try not to get over the limit but sometimes you go over and no realising about it...my car doens't have any type of cruise control.

I know I need to be very careful as I've always been and got caugth anyway as many people I know for sthe silliest of the reasons.

Blue ones

Scoop...dont read this ;)

I just leave my journey till 12pm ish and hit the A1 or M1 and can comfortably drive at 100+mph.....cause there is very little traffic :P

I know where all the speed traps are and I kinda know where the Police like to hang out,,,so just keep them peepers open.....

At that time of night.....speed limits to me are a GUIDE....sorry but thats the way I see it.....if the road ahead of me has absolutley nothing on it , and road conditions/weather conditions are good.....70mph can be far too slow.

Scoop...dont read this ;)

I just leave my journey till 12pm ish and hit the A1 or M1 and can comfortably drive at 100+mph.....cause there is very little traffic :P

I know where all the speed traps are and I kinda know where the Police like to hang out,,,so just keep them peepers open.....

At that time of night.....speed limits to me are a GUIDE....sorry but thats the way I see it.....if the road ahead of me has absolutley nothing on it , and road conditions/weather conditions are good.....70mph can be far too slow.

*makes mental note* :D

We ALL do it... why do you think I bought a 1.4 Peugeot 306. It wasn't for its french chic styling or its cheeky continental charm. Its a licence saver! :P

They know what they do mate, they reallly do

Don't be so sure. They just process lots of forms and have standard excuses in the hope that people accept the penalty offer.

I refused an offer a few months ago, as the posted speed limit was contradictory and that's why I was over the limit when I passed the camera (I'd never driven down that stretch before). Now I'm holding on to photographic evidence indefinitely, sitting around to see if they get round to prosecuting me.

No sign yet.

I hate speed cameras. Every time I drive in the UK I am always wondering if I got done from that camera on the M4, M40, M11, etc. “Gee, everyone else was doing 85.” “Well, maybe they could not get me on my motorbike”. "Was the camera on?". All of the rental car and rental motorbike companies tell you that if your get caught by a speed camera they will mail you the ticket. I like knowing my fate. In the U.S. (at least in the northeast), if you do not get pulled over on the spot then the matter is closed. You are not going to get a gift in the mail.

That seals it. You've never been to India. An absolute fkn free for all.

not a free for all at all - if you have a bigger vehicle you have right of way, if you are on a bicycle and suicidal, you have right of way very simple ;)

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

I did it, I've argue it and argue it for ages but they kept telling the same thing, I broke the speed limit twice and they are two different offences in different parts of the road.:S
They know what they do mate, they reallly do. Now I have 9 points in my licence, the 6 points I've told you before and another 3 from 2003 that luckily are expiring next September. Rigth now I am in a complete strees every time I drive my car as I know that just for being over the limit for 2 miles I will loose my licence.[:/]...

Blue ones

You have to seriously argue. Can they prove the devices were calibrated? can they provide you with the manual on how to operate such a device? They also have to send you a notice of intended prosecution within 14 days (often done on the day if its a police officer) Often if you start asking for stuff like this and promise to take it to court they will drop it, as it will cost them alot more than the money they will get back from the fine.

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.