bigben

Raising money for charity

Hello everyone,

I'm raising money for The Arthritis Foundation by attempting to cycle the 500 miles from San Francisco to LA. My goal is to raise just under three grand, so far, I have zero grand.

During the ride you'll be able to check my actual progress on a live map, and be able to send text messages of encouragement to my bike (it'll need it, I'm a fat knacker).

"Often misunderstood as a disease of the elderly, arthritis strikes without regard for age. It can bring intense pain to young adults, children and even babies. More than a quarter of a million children in the U.S. have some form of arthritis. It can start as early as infancy and will last a lifetime."

You can click on this handy link to donate money (don't forget, it's tax deductible!)

http://tinyurl.com/gbvpu

Any and all donations are much appreciated.

I'll be donating my knees for medical research after the ride.

Blue skies!

-Ben

how many days do you have to do it?

I basically get a week to do it, which doesn't sound too bad. When I signed up I thought "how hard can it be, it's all downhill right?". Apparently, there are a few significant hills in the way :o :)
-Ben