DJL

Hey Aussies, need some help. I'm running away to join the Australian Circus

My friend has me interested in year-long visas working in Australia. I'm a Mechanical Engineer in the HVAC field. I'd like to live in a location in which I can live on a sailboat, work near a city, and be within an hour of a dropzone.

Any ideas?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I'd like to apply for the Cabin Wench position. I'm really good at applying sunscreen and making drinks with umbrellas in them. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

All of the above. I have nothing keeping me tied down. Also, I get all weak in the knees when I hear Australian girls talk. That's about as complex as I get.

I looked into this about 2 1/2 years ago. Australia opened up a ton of visa's for skilled workers (skilled migration to Australia or something). Awesome opprotunity there!!!!

Have fun!!!!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Heh, I'm graduating in December.

What is the probability I'll find a decent job in Australia with little to no work experience and a non-technical degree (aka liberal arts)? ;)

I can hear grad school calling my name already.... :P

More than zero... but not by much.
cavete terrae.

Hey we all want to go. Can we get a group rate ?

I think so. Hey, what the fuck, are the Aussie's all asleep or something? SERIOUSLY!

Heh, I'm graduating in December.

What is the probability I'll find a decent job in Australia with little to no work experience and a non-technical degree (aka liberal arts)? ;)

I can hear grad school calling my name already.... :P

More than zero... but not by much.

yeah, yeah... is school expensive over there? :P

Sydney.

Live on the harbour right in the middle of the city, and Picton (4 turbines) is just under an hour away. I know a couple of skydivers who work in the HVAC field. PM me if you want me to put you in contact with them.

Unlikely you could afford Sydney habour.
Femantle (or Hillarys) in Perth Western Australia is more affordable, monies would be similar, but climate and population are mucho different
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Femantle (or Hillarys) in Perth Western Australia is more affordable, monies would be similar, but climate and population are mucho different

You ever been over here? The closest dropzone I know is "skydive express" in york. Thats about 2 hours from fremantle dependind on how fast you drive....

.-|-.Kaint.-|-.

You ever been over here? The closest dropzone I know is "skydive express" in york. Thats about 2 hours from fremantle dependind on how fast you drive....

:D:D:DYeah you might say I've been over here:D:D
And FWIW the closest DZ is Pinjarra, 85km South of PErth, York is 110km East
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I think it's our Grease, sandra D fantasy.

HAAA!!!

Yeah, I'm trying to get Erin and Sill to email me some recommendations but I think their emails are bunk.