LionsGrip

Hard opening and your groin

Student gear fits everyone poorly. Once you're licensed and can rent and try out different equipment, you'll figure out what works for you.

If the rig has moveable leg pads, put them where you want them. Wearing jeans or other thicker pants under your jumpsuit helps. Once you're und r canopy, try different leg positions and see what is comfortable - legs out in front like you're sitting in a chair is pretty common. Be sure to put your legs under you, in a standing position, when you come in for landing so you are prepared to plf, not land on your butt!

t’s important to keep the groin muscles in balance with one another, says Aueron. For example, while you want to keep your adductor groin muscles flexible, you don’t want them to end up stronger than the abductor muscles, which are on top of the glutes. This kind of imbalance can impact the way you move.

To keep the proper ratio, she suggests a more comprehensive exercise plan: “Perform a diverse workout, not just running – include multiple strengthening exercises like side planks or squats.”
Oil Gas Safety Council values the contribution Safety Professionals make to achieve the vision of accident free and safer workplace.
http://ogsc.org/

Repeating what I said earlier .... you problem is probably leg pads sliding upwards during opening shock. Leg pads have an annoying habit of sliding below your crotch while you sit in the airplane. The key to comfort is ensuring that leg pads are high in your crotch before exit. Ask a local instructor to show you how to adjust leg pads so that they ride high on your crotch before you exit the airplane.

There are three groin muscles: the adductor, the gracilis, and the pectineus. They all connect from the pubic bone to the top of the thigh and inside of the knee. “Basically, they’re the muscles that pull your leg back to the middle if, for example, it’s off to the side,” says Dr. Julie Ann Aueron, a New York-based physical therapist and yoga teacher.
Oil Gas Safety Council values the contribution Safety Professionals make to achieve the vision of accident free and safer workplace.
http://ogsc.org/

Make sure the leg strap pads are positioned right and under canopy position yourself comfortably as if sitting in a chair, i actually cross my legs most of the time. Wont solve all your issues but the soreness does tend to stop after a while. I got it the first few weeks i jumped.