windcatcher

Weekend Numbers July 22 and 23-06

:(::(::(

Girlfriend outa town:crap weather and no $$$:many beers last night with hangover to boot!

Cory you could've come to the Hillz and had good jumping weather, esp Saturday...regardless "God Bless America!" (and other fine toasts):D

0:0:0

Took a weekend off from jumping to go to Cedar Point!!!! I finally went on Top Thrill Dragster and Millennium Force....both just excellent!

The best part of the weekend, however, was playing with my nephews. My older nephew wanted to ride all of the rides with me :)
I'm a bit sad that I didn't get to jump the jet with all of my friends, but spending the weekend with my nephews at a most fantastic amusement park eases my pains.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Humps: 0

Jumps: 2 - right out of my skin as I was stung twice by the same *(&% scorpian!

(Root) Beer owed: 2 - first time being stung by a scorpian, and first time posting jumps to the weekend numbers thread without making any skydives.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

[:/]:1:0

Lovely (but a little warm) day up at Northwest Skydivers.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

>:([:/]:8:0

I did a solo on friday evening... and did several fun jumps with relative new jumpers... a few 2-ways, a 3-way, a few 4-way jumps... I also participated in a friends 100th jump...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

B|:3:0

Rode all day Saturday with my friend Chuck, bar-hopping and getting caught in a few light rains -

Got to the DZ around noon Sunday, made 2 coach jumps and a nine-way. Didn't get slammed by any of my openings - Ribs were OK but are still a little some from the hard opening two weeks ago.

Looking forward to the upcoming weekend - Don't know why, I just have this feeling it's going to be one of my best weekends yet this summer.

Easy Does It

Numbers:Shmumbers

Fabulous weekend at Skydive Chicago...cause it's the best DZ ever!! Finally did a jump with Jeth which was major fun. Hanging out with good friends and decorating people's lockers was good too. Ah, summerfest is next weekend and i can't wait!! :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

100 jumps finally complete:4:lots

I made my 100th this weekend! The jump was a ton of fun! We assebled a Mr. Potato head in the air. We managed to get the eyes, nose, and an ear in. One ear was lost in freefall and the the nose ended up falling out, but it was sooo much fun! I can't wait to trry it again-and compelte it next time!

*daizey*

Perhaps I'm showing my ignorance here, but what the heck is a Mr. Potato Head?

It's an old children's toy/game. It consists of a potato-shaped plastic thing with some strategically placed holes. The holes are for plug-in components like eyes, mouth, etc. It's sort of an extremely simple 3-D jigsaw puzzle for kids.

Walt