matt1215

Jumping nude

I don't have a problem with it in principle... but I more or less don't think my fellow skydivers really want to see me in the buff... so I make it a point to keep my clothes on... :|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I more or less don't think my fellow skydivers really want to see me in the buff :|

You're right, I want to see you in the raw as much as you want to see me :o.

I think an entire nude load would be the way to go. Might be a little odd on the plane, but attention on landing's a bit more ditributed. Also I don't owe you any apologies for having to look at me if I also have to look at you.

Thought about it once, and then I saw how many cameras (video and still) were around and how people who did naked jumps were talked about and how many people ended up seeing the video/pictures. So, my thoughts went from "Maybe one day" to "No way in hell."
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Lots of people do them! The closest I've ever gotten was jumping in my bikini for my 100th. There was no door on the plane, I was right next to the door...it was October...and I think like 50 degrees or less at altitude.B|

Anyway, that's the most I will ever reveal for a jump.:). However, I would never do a naked jump...though at times it does sound a little tempting.:D

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Don't you have to do it for your 100th?

It's not as hard fast a tradition in the US as it is in other parts of the world...

Did it for my hundredth.:o nothing like having your jewels being pullled off at terminal.
Sit flying was tolerable but belly flying was *&%^$*.

never again!!

Bob

Anyone remember the "mardigasbob half naked skydives at Quincy

I do it all the time. Well last one was in May, so I'm not 'current' on them ;-) But shockingly enough, I even convinced someone else to join me on my last one. They're so much fun!!!

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

It's not as hard fast a tradition in the US as it is in other parts of the world...

Darn, I got suckered!;) Was great fun but the poor jumpmaster got an eyeful. My teammates and I now want to go do a naked night 4-way :D
------------------------------------------------------------

-Chanti-

------------------------------------------------------------

The "have to" is pretty much a South African thing.

Of course you don't HAVE to. You can always give up and play golf!

t
It's the year of the Pig.

> More of a joke than something people actually do?
——————————————————————————————
Well, actually, I never skydived naked, but I did 4 BASE jumps naked: I jumped one of each type of the 4 objects naked (I am Naked BASE #14 :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: )
Doing BASE naked can be more "secluded", in the sense that you can choose the type of object and time of the day where and when there are around no other people than your mates, and in any case it is a HELL OF GOOD FUN.
Well, the "no other people around" cannot be enforced 100% of times... we were doing our B (=Building) naked jump, when, once we were ready and rig donned and about to be ready to jump, it was about 1:00 am, nobody around but these two blokes with their car parked in the parking lot just below exit point (not the landing, which was (very) slightly far away), they were smoking a cigarette, talking, OUTSIDE their car.
We were myself, #658 and #726. It was end of july 2002 (hot night, I would say). Our friend Willie was the getaway driver (he was dressed...).

Myself: "#658, we are WAY ready to jump, what should we do?"
#658: "...let's wait until those blokes are gone..."
#726: "oh, yeah, indeed..."
myself: "...yes, I agree..."
...minutes...
...minutes...
...minutes...
The two blokes still there but perhaps moving/behaving as IF they were about to leave.
myself: "#658, WTF, are we going to sleep here?"
#658: "Yeah, let's move on. Start going on exit point and see what they are about to do..." (exit is the 1 foot thick wall on top of our B)
Now the good myself is PC in hand, feet on wall, ready to jump, concentrating on the horizon line in front of me, only once in a while looking down. #658 is watching carefully the moves of the two blokes, still hanging out down there, smoking, talking....
Last minute briefing by #658: "OK, let's go: you #689 jump, once you are open and fly 5 seconds, I jump, open, after 5 second of flight, #726 jumps. OK?"
Myself: "OK!!!"
#726: "OK!!!"
I jump. Beautiful exit, perfect opening, I pass over the heads of the blokes, I land downwind (...there was no other possibility... :)Successive description by #658 of our jumps: "#689, as soon as you had opening shock, the two blokes watched around frantically, not finding immediately the cause of that noise, then they saw a naked bloke flying under a parachute, so they kept watching up and then they so my exit, my opening, #726's exit, #726's opening, our collective flight".
Well, after no more than one minute/one minute and a ahlf after MY exit, we were in our car with Willie driving, naked with parachutes obver our knees, windowes down, waving at the two astonished blokes with a: "Hello there :) ), we were joking: "Hey, imagine that a police car stops us NOW, Willie driving with clothes on, ourselves naked with a paracahute on our knees, what could they possible do/charge us?!?!?!?!? Willie, why don't you get undressed just for the getaway?!?!?!? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: "
Then (it was 2:00 am by now) in a dark bay we dressed up again, hided parachutes in the boot, went for a beer (myself drank a fruit juice (I am teetotal B| )), commenting the enormous fun we had :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
Actually, THAT was one of the most exilarating parachute jumps I ever did in my entire life. Up now.
Now, I am shortly approaching my 200th BASE jump, I think I won't do it with clothes on, still uncertain which object I will flick off naked, this time.... B|
Jumping naked from aircraft: for a bloke, donning rig while naked is not an issue, then you wear a pair of shorts over, go on aircraft, 1 min before jump, remove shorts, hide them in a "safe" place, do the naked skydive, naked flight and naked landing in a secluded/distant area, donning shorts again and return to packing area with a huge smile, for a bloke would not be a big problem. Perhaps for a girl would more an issue the approach to aircraft ;) ;) ;)
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com